Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden SS Commodore 355ci Stroker *RVN 355 *

What should i do next into 2008?

• Finish off Vr Caprice Consol

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Remove Vr Caprice Consol, Run B & M setup,no air con vents,custom elec window switches

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Save For COME Twin Throttle Body Manifold

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Cut & Polish,Full Detail,Boot Install

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
what i mean by "undriveable" is the amount of torque it produces...
ive been in a 383 stroker with a 5 speed behind it.... all it wants to do is break traction every chance it gets and its not enjoyable cos your sh!tting your pants whenever you see a bump in the road when the things accelerating....

and when you run a crank and rod setup that big your block has to be machined to its limits to fit everything inside.

a 383 is just a torque monster thats built to be used as a boat motor.
not for a car thats driven on the street....

P

Pav

all it wants to do is break traction every chance it gets

Oh yeah, thats what I'm talkin bout :driving::thumbsup:

Also, about the 383 block being at its limits, does that mean it's only going to produce cooling issues, or is the block at risk of getting damaged?

Btw, C.O.M.E racing has now developed a 396ci LOL, imagine that

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Yer, you can do 13's in a 304 with just bolt ons if u really tried.
Very Low 12's is what I heard from all the 355 dudes
considering a stock 5 litre does 14's 15's man 12s are pretty good man without forced induction,as previsouly mention new manifold,dyno power figures and 1/4 mile times will all be know in the not so far distant future.

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
reason no one goes 383 is because it way more expensive, you need speical short pistons different rods etc pluss you have to cut alot more out of the block they put alot more stress on the motor too. a 355 is much more reliable and cheaper there isnt a whole lot of power difference too just where the power is slightly lower. i wouldnt even consider a 383 you can get what you want from a 355 unless u are racing N.A. or somthing.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Chrome Inner Door Handles Installed Today 17th Feb 2008

Looks alot more nicer now.

Thanks Scott (Rvx 219) for your help :)

doorhandlesresizerg3.jpg

doorhandlesresize2ty9.jpg

Last edited:

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
i just want to go full out spak really lol. and it would be more unique because there isnt alot of 383 vn ss. and heaps of people go 355. and i wanna see what its like and for fun and that.

get the new 460 torque power big baw then :D its a huge holden motor just fits in no one would know its almost a big block :D everything is good about it tho none of the holden traits like its got 4 bolt mains a good oiling system etc etc.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
it would be more unique because there isnt alot of 383 vn ss. and heaps of people go 355. and i wanna see what its like and for fun and that.

Exactly the same boat here :) At the end of the day I won't be thrashing the guts out of it everywhere anyway, I doubt I'd cause any structural damage to the motor.. just want a seriously mean streeter. I enjoy the challenge of driving a ridiculously powerful car.