Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden struggling to sell final Commodores?

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Anyone know if they're struggling to move the last ones or dealers are just looking for suckers? I've been called twice, 2 different dealers, asking if I'd like to upgrade to the final Commodore. Already own a 6.2L VFII, in fact the dealer that called me today is the one who sold it to me, yet they still call up asking if I want to upgrade, I guess they're calling everyone regardless of whether they already own one? Seems desperate.

Anyone else getting calls? Dealers realising this is the last chance to sell Commodores to many of us who won't be having a bar of the replacement?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Always nice to move stock.......Any stock if your in business or a sales person.

New Ford Terri. and Falcon's I believe are still available, and of course built over a year ago.

Toyota Camry/Aurion factory just been closed, so there will be plenty of those available also.....For a while at a guess.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Commodore has a "bumper" monthly sales in September, 2547 units sold, 5th best seller in September and best month this year.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Cheers guys, guess it's just dealers trying to get a last bite of the cherry. Not sure how much faith they have in the new imported model, both dealers referred to this as "the final Commodore", despite HQ's efforts to convince us all otherwise. Not a good look. Also not a good look to be harassing customers who've already gone out and bought the last one.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If they were struggling to sell V8's you'd be able to get discounts ... 3 hears ago, ~$5k off an SSVR was just normal, currently you're lucky to get a set of free floor mats.

Don't forget current stocks are supposed to get them through 'til the new model ?Q2? next year.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Having bought the SS wagon this year (so therefore I’m not in the market but just saying), Dealers like Eagers in QLD have stacks of SV6 “demo” wagons for 39990 da, most with 3 or 4km on the clock - I believe it was a Holden fleet sale that fell through.

For anyone after ‘a 6’ this is a hec of a lot of car for the money when you consider the 7yr wtty on top. If I was in the market with $40k I would simply option the sports steering wheel (I could never go back to the standard one) and drive away laughing. The features on these cars for the money is amazing if you want a large wagon.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It doesn't matter what make or model it is, every dealer that has sold me a new car in the last 10 years is still trying to sell me another.

Phone, email and text, I get contacted regularly to either upgrade or add to my ownership even if I've only just spent money with them.

It's nothing unusual.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Now you mention it, panhead, my wife got such a contact 2 weeks ago.
She told them without word of a lie that if they could find her an HSV Tourer in the same colour as her SSVR she'd do the changeover.
Dealer said they'd forward her response to the HSV section ... and she heard no more. No attempt to sell her on another colour, no nothing.
Good for our bank-balance, I guess.

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan
Having bought the SS wagon this year (so therefore I’m not in the market but just saying), Dealers like Eagers in QLD have stacks of SV6 “demo” wagons for 39990 da, most with 3 or 4km on the clock - I believe it was a Holden fleet sale that fell through.

For anyone after ‘a 6’ this is a hec of a lot of car for the money when you consider the 7yr wtty on top. If I was in the market with $40k I would simply option the sports steering wheel (I could never go back to the standard one) and drive away laughing. The features on these cars for the money is amazing if you want a large wagon.

how do you go with airbags if your changed the steering wheel?? I wouldn't have thought it would be compliant