Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden to cull Commodore range

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
so they are actually increasng the range with a new Malibu before they start culling ? sounds much like labours version of a tax cut......
I like the idea of reduced models. Having a calais and calais V, SS and SSV for example is just silly, one of each would be plenty.
As for merging the berlina and omega with something midway theres only about 4 meaningful features between them -cd stacker, tiny lil leather bits, wheels, climate, and metallic paint. Take holf that out of the "whatever you call it" and your pretty much back to an executive. Have to agree Omega is a very sad name ( Berlina is rather old too though )

Yes and no. The Malibu is an entirely different midsize car that slots inbetween the Cruze and Commodore. It will be roughly Camry sized.

I'm pretty sure the Calais (base) will be culled. SS & SSV are still big sellers (not everybody likes leather seats for example) so it looks like it'll be retained.

Reaper

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
its not really a surprise.
they have had waaay to many options in the current range.

and sometimes the less choices the better for consumers. as shown in this case.

atleast they arent scrapping the commodore completely

M

mwb235

I wonder where the Caprice will fit in? I assume it'll just continue as a LWB version of the Commodore.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
If they intend to cut the Calais they need the berlina to be better. Right now its a cheap omega with touch screen. The VY II Berlina was one of the last real true poor mans Calais. The new ones are just tarted up omega's.

Omega same. V6 Auto
Berlina more on par with current Calais V6 auto only.
Calais V6 Auto. Option pack V series.
Caprice V6 V8 Auto. Option pack V series.

Sv6 V6 Manual - Auto. Option pack V series.
SS V8 Manula - auto Option pack V series.

If someone wants a V series car they option it.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
If they intend to cut the Calais they need the berlina to be better. Right now its a cheap omega with touch screen. The VY II Berlina was one of the last real true poor mans Calais. The new ones are just tarted up omega's.

I think Calais V will stay, Calais (base) will go. The VE series Berlina was deliberately taken down market and slotted into the spot which used to be the Acclaim previously.

Reaper

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Gah option V is a good idea I think ! I don't care for the leather in the SSV but I like the climate and all the other features, so I wouldn't have nought just an SS. Also can we please have some colour options inside accross the range, reguardless of the exterior colour. ?

IF I WANT ARE RED INTERIOR I WANT TO BE ABLE TO ORDER IT ON ANY COLOUR HOLDEN DON'T TELL ME WHAT COLOUR I HAVE TO BUY TO GET MY RED INTERIOR LOL.

Colours options, blacky interior standard. White, Red, Blue, Brown??? Optoinal ?
Stereo options, make the 'premium one' standard and let me option a real hum dinger please.
Roof options, sunroof, glass roof optional across the range from the factory and please don't delete my sunglasses holder if i get one.

DONT DECONTENT the car, I miss my glove box light, centre console light and the slidey console lid, pop out door pockets and 'alcantra' trim were nice Holden please bring them back.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
DONT DECONTENT the car, I miss my glove box light, centre console light and the slidey console lid, pop out door pockets and 'alcantra' trim were nice Holden please bring them back.

I think content is more likely to rise, not diminish. You will be very happy with the VF as far as gadgets are concerned.

Reaper

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I think Calais V will stay, Calais (base) will go. The VE series Berlina was deliberately taken down market and slotted into the spot which used to be the Acclaim previously.

Reaper
And that wasn't much chop. I'm not sure if this is 100% fact, but i feel the Calais V has also been slightly down graded in the last few updates spec wise inside. No more standard DVD player?.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
And that wasn't much chop. I'm not sure if this is 100% fact, but i feel the Calais V has also been slightly down graded in the last few updates spec wise inside. No more standard DVD player?.

Isn't the only difference between Calais and Calais-V now 2 cylinders and standard Nav ?

Also they chopped alot out of series @ alcantra trim, different steering wheels for Sports and Lux, Calais-V and SS-V now share the same rims, and now with the MY12.5 you can't even get the light urban or red hot interiors ! HOLDEN !!!!! . . . need I go on ?

rowe147

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive
it b pretty kool if they made a holden/ford (like what subarau and toyota have down with the new 86)
and put holdens styling for the body and put in fords engines but i guess that would be like clash of the titans lol just an idea