Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Trax as a Commodore Replacement

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Had to laugh at work the other day. Got a call from the local Holden dealer saying he had 3 new fleet cars for us, Holden Trax, wtf. Turns out State office thought they would be ideal replacements for our Commodore Wagons. Not being that familiar with these cars I checked them out on the net and cracked up laughing when one of the first things I read was "styled for the city", really getting funny now as two of these will be based in Warrnambool and Horsham. It's moments like these that you realise just what this country is losing and it saddens me, suppose it could have been worse they could have given us Barinas.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I thought a Trax was a Barina with a lift kit.....

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
"Styled for the city" LOL.
I don't know what's worse, that or their "made for mobile phones" marketing campaign. Unfortunately this type of thing is what we are going to be seeing more of now that Holden's marketing department has been taken over by inner city, trendy, hipster fags.
Whoever thinks these are an ideal replacement for a Commodore wagon clearly has no idea and needs to fired from their job.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
It's sad where we have got to. Probably showing my age but I can remember when most fleet cars including government cars were Commodores or Falcons as were "standard" rental cars. You as for a standard size rental car now and they give you something like a Cruze!!!!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Just looked at the specs for a Trax, I thought they were an AWD Barina ........ Wrong ! Just an pumped up, over-inflated Barina

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
Had to laugh at work the other day. Got a call from the local Holden dealer saying he had 3 new fleet cars for us, Holden Trax, wtf. Turns out State office thought they would be ideal replacements for our Commodore Wagons. Not being that familiar with these cars I checked them out on the net and cracked up laughing when one of the first things I read was "styled for the city", really getting funny now as two of these will be based in Warrnambool and Horsham. It's moments like these that you realise just what this country is losing and it saddens me, suppose it could have been worse they could have given us Barinas.
Yep I remember when Mitsubishi closed down manufacturing here similar thing. Was sent a letter stating something to the effect that the Lancer will be great as a substiute for the 380! WTF I thought at the time what planet are they on they had no concept of the room in the 380 v's a bloody Lancer of all things. (This occoured during my "exile" when I had a 380 yeah yeah you can laugh!)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It's sad where we have got to. Probably showing my age but I can remember when most fleet cars including government cars were Commodores or Falcons as were "standard" rental cars. You as for a standard size rental car now and they give you something like a Cruze!!!!
Well if you look at it from the 'appliance' point of view (ie. like a rental company does) a Cruze is more roomy than a VB-VL Commodore, is faster than all but (maybe some of) the 5L & turbo cars, uses less fuel, is safer, is quieter, and adjusted for inflation costs something like 1/3 as much.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Well if you look at it from the 'appliance' point of view (ie. like a rental company does) a Cruze is more roomy than a VB-VL Commodore, is faster than all but (maybe some of) the 5L & turbo cars, uses less fuel, is safer, is quieter, and adjusted for inflation costs something like 1/3 as much.
All true but you still need horses for courses and a trax just won't cut it, too small and impractical for large country mileage. I still remember when we got Hybrids and diesels, they sent the Prius's to the bush and kept the diesels in Melbourne. Just shudder to think what they're going to dream up next with no Aussie cars.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't think small size is impractical for the country, but being total rubbish at highway speeds like a Trax (and all small gerlytrux) as well as being as long-lived as a Daewoo (which it is) are pretty impractical. An Audi S1, even though it's the same size, that'd be perfectly practical.

If you're carrying lots of stuff around, mind you, then using a small hatch is pretty damned impractical.