Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Trax as a Commodore Replacement

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Sounds like the bean counter picked the replacement cars.
As I've driven a trax as rental car in rual areas, is not a bad car to drive at highway speed, or on rough country roads,
as long as you don't want to carry anything more than a couple of small bags.
Holden's marketing got it right, jacked up city car, that makes people think they are driving a 4wd.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Sounds like the bean counter picked the replacement cars.
As I've driven a trax as rental car in rual areas, is not a bad car to drive at highway speed, or on rough country roads,
as long as you don't want to carry anything more than a couple of small bags.
Holden's marketing got it right, jacked up city car, that makes people think they are driving a 4wd.
I did 800kms in a hired trax on sa country roads on a trip, wind and road noise wasn't the best, ride was hard, seats were hard and unsupportive, totally gutless, fun to sit on the limiter however haha
The best part of the trip was the airport car park and getting into my ve2 Calaisv
It's quite easy to forget how good zeta is until you spend time in something else
I would rather drive an older commodore than one of these new Korean urban chic shitboxes, it's still a daewoo.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Yep I remember when Mitsubishi closed down manufacturing here similar thing. Was sent a letter stating something to the effect that the Lancer will be great as a substiute for the 380! WTF I thought at the time what planet are they on they had no concept of the room in the 380 v's a bloody Lancer of all things. (This occoured during my "exile" when I had a 380 yeah yeah you can laugh!)

380 wasn't a bad car really. Just too little too late from Mitsubishi.

At least the Lancer was a 'bigger' small car. The Trax is just a small car (Barina) on stilts. The blueprint to every overpriced SUV...

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
I did 800kms in a hired trax on sa country roads on a trip, wind and road noise wasn't the best, ride was hard, seats were hard and unsupportive, totally gutless, fun to sit on the limiter however haha
The best part of the trip was the airport car park and getting into my ve2 Calaisv
It's quite easy to forget how good zeta is until you spend time in something else
I would rather drive an older commodore than one of these new Korean urban chic shitboxes, it's still a daewoo.

Argee, I wont be trading a commodore in on one.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Wondering what they're going to give us next, we've always had Australian cars and with them now going this appears to be the future for our fleet, I don't know what they'll give us. Looking at the contracts today and they've added Astra, Corolla, Craptiva and RAV 4, to supplement the remaining Aussie built vehicles. Least I'll get to drive some different stuff and more importantly not have to own it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I reckon that, if a wagon is best for your work, a good balance between resale (for them) and comfort (for you) would be the cheapest petrol Mazda6 wagon they can get with alloys.
Although a 1.6 Astra sounds like a reasonable thing, if still short of the Golf it was aiming at ...