Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VE IQ Radio Custom Startup Animation

jezzab

TINKERER
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Turbo Ute / VU SS TT Drag Ute [Sold]
As some of you know I've been playing with the VE radios (old and IQ) for a while now trying to break them and make then doing fancy things. 6 months ago we got the background cracked on the IQ units (http://forums.justcommodores.com.au.../214450-holden-iq-full-custom-background.html) so you could have what ever you wanted on there and started working on the start up animation. We kinda left it there for a bit as we got distracted with other projects, more GMLAN stuff, S1 radios, spending weeks trying to crack a CRC/Checksum, life, wives, girlfriends etc. Recently we have just renewed the efforts on it. Here is the results :)

All flashed through the OBDII port and don't have to remove the head unit at all.

Just a quick black and white animation to show you but you can have any full 16bit colour 30 frame animation. A bit of a step up from the custom animations on the series 1 radios which were only 6 frames

[YouTube]np3pHssCUBs[/youtube]

As with the other background stuff etc, this took MONTHS of mucking around, 100s of flashes, lots of head scratching and plenty of time staring at a hex editor and driving to work with a dead head unit and no A/C until I could flash it again
Big thanks to SteveG8 as always for his help

Last edited:

decromin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Awesome work as always, jez :)

gmoulds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS M6
The Holden IQ display has to have the worst layout possible.
Where the Stereo function takes up 95% of the screen with useless info and the Clock and Air controls Info the top bar.

I would pay for a upgrade where I could see what the controls are doing and decent size clock
Glad you having fun with it!

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Yep...I'd pay for this in a heartbeat! :D

Last edited: