Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VE Steering wheel alignment slip joint?

Crackers01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi all, I have a VE Omega 2006 that had been hit in the LHF, It was repaired and when im driving around if i take a left hand turn the steering wheel will angle to the left when driving straight, but if i take a right hand turn the steering wheel alignment will go to the right when driving straight. Ive checked the coupling on the rack and it is tight. There looks to be a slip joint above that could that be the problem and how would i know if that was it.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Strut top bushes have collapsed and/or the bearings in the bushes have crapped themselves and are binding. This is what causes the car to wander to the side you have just steered to.

Very common.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If it turns out to be the strut tops, which is a common fault, I have a brand new set here that a customer never picked up, normally $240, you can have them for $180 posted. These are SuperPro and they include the bearings.

Crackers01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
thanks guys, there is a rattle coming from under there sounds like its near the right strut tower so im guessing it is that, Not_An_Abba_Fan I'll PM you late this week.