Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VF Director brake pads

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ I also thought MSE just had VF2 Redline brakes, except 6-odd months before VF2 came out?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ I also thought MSE just had VF2 Redline brakes, except 6-odd months before VF2 came out?

The 2017 limited edition commodores (MSE and Director) have the VF2 Redline’s front Brembo callipers though their colour was silver rather than the VF2 Redline’s red callipers. Not sure about the Magnum‘s Brembo calliper’s colour though I suspect they were also silver. Interestingly VF1 redlines has silver front Brembos.

The 2017 LE rear callipers were also Brembo like the VF2 and the earlier limited edition Craig Lowndes special before it. VF1 didnt have Brembo rear callipers.

What this all means for brake pads part numbers, I’m not sure as Holden stuck weights on the later front Brembos supposedly to counter brake squeal (along with a revised pad backing plate and changes to the amount and location of anti seize lubrication?). No sure when this change occurred.

But the big visual difference in brake hardware seemed to be around the rotors which were fully floating in the 2017 limited edition vehicles.

A concise list of Holden part numbers and current prices would be nice… but at 6,000kms I think I’ve got a while before brakes need to be serviced.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
The 2017 limited edition commodores (MSE and Director) have the VF2 Redline’s front Brembo callipers though their colour was silver rather than the VF2 Redline’s red callipers. Not sure about the Magnum‘s Brembo calliper’s colour though I suspect they were also silver. Interestingly VF1 redlines has silver front Brembos.

The 2017 LE rear callipers were also Brembo like the VF2 and the earlier limited edition Craig Lowndes special before it. VF1 didnt have Brembo rear callipers.

What this all means for brake pads part numbers, I’m not sure as Holden stuck weights on the later front Brembos supposedly to counter brake squeal (along with a revised pad backing plate and changes to the amount and location of anti seize lubrication?). No sure when this change occurred.

But the big visual difference in brake hardware seemed to be around the rotors which were fully floating in the 2017 limited edition vehicles.

A concise list of Holden part numbers and current prices would be nice… but at 6,000kms I think I’ve got a while before brakes need to be serviced.
The director brakes are a darker grey/silver than the other ve and vfs with brembos

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, Forg you idiot, it was the Craig Lowndes Edition that was 6-odd months before VF2 came out!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
We needed pads & the discs either machined or replaced during the service on Tuesday, first time the brakes needed anything, I think we’re at 40k kms (fairly sure it’s 40 not 30).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
We needed pads & the discs either machined or replaced during the service on Tuesday, first time the brakes needed anything, I think we’re at 40k kms (fairly sure it’s 40 not 30).
So what you're saying is that at my current usage rate my rotors will rust before the pads wear out :p:p:p

GavinDirectorVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Director
Internet pictures don't include the counterweights. Those pads are for the 6 pot and 4 pot Brembos used by Holden on the VF
Hi thanks for help , I think you were right about internet photos , those numbers you gave me are correct from what I can see. Thanks again