Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VF2 SS re-wire

VFWAGS15

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF2 SS Sportswagon
Hi everyone im new to this site and i need help with some advice on re-wiring my car, I've got a VF2 SS Sportswagon and I'm really keen on putting a WN caprice Main Body wiring loom into it and ripping out the old loom.
I want to do this to add HUD, Heated Seats(already got new mylink), memory seat and alot of parts a caprice has which my SS doesn't.
My question is if i brought the loom, is it as simple as acquiring the parts i want and do I need the cabin fuse panel?
The main body fuse panel?
BCM?

I need some advice please guys and if you know any other parts I need please let me know and yes I realise this is a mission of a job but I'm still keen as on doing it.

Thanks guys

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hi everyone im new to this site and i need help with some advice on re-wiring my car, I've got a VF2 SS Sportswagon and I'm really keen on putting a WN caprice Main Body wiring loom into it and ripping out the old loom.
I want to do this to add HUD, Heated Seats(already got new mylink), memory seat and alot of parts a caprice has which my SS doesn't.
My question is if i brought the loom, is it as simple as acquiring the parts i want and do I need the cabin fuse panel?
BCM?

I need some advice please guys and if you know any other parts I need please let me know and yes I realise this is a mission of a job but I'm still keen as on doing it.

Thanks guys
I do know only last week and my JAW DROPPED DOWN I saw a VF Calais parked at our shopping centre with the WN Caprice V seats (Same as the Calais) but in this Calais it had Caprice V seats in with the fold down TV's and at the same time it had standard window tinting like my Caprice V has so I look to the front and I spotted a slot for the CD or the CD/DVD to go in. Now this either has to be a Vf 2013 MY14 or a 2014, or up to 2015 Calais because after October 2015 the CD went missing.
Someone has done a mod of this car because AFAIK Holden did not make any Calais with TV's out the back. Yes it was Genuine to look at as it 100% identical like Caprice V

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
What I want to know about the above Car a Calais with Caprice V stuff inside it Beside have the heated seats + other extras more Possible, Possible, One more Time Possible so I dont offend the Calais owners here the Caprice V has more extras More that the Calais have but what about the MYLINK because my Mylink has to have special Software in it as I have a section devoted to the DVD + what Screen do you want to use, "eg" both, Left of Right + other settings that I have forgotten. SHI.T!!! It Cost me From Holden Stealers nearlty $500 for the TWO Genuine Head Sets + one sexy remote after I purchased the car months ago. Yes these are the first thing to get Stolen. Argghhhh you also need a special rear Arm rest Different from the Calais to house these Heads sets + the remote. This is the easiest thing to do.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
BCM?

Thanks guys

that is going to be something you will need to workout as you go along because you just dont know which parts of the loom you are missing for the seats, control buttons, hud etc.

the mylink is easy and you will need your vin programmed into it.
the hud i am pretty sure there is a post on this forum that someone did a retrofit but you will need the windscreen too because your normal windscreen will make it blurry
the bcm will need to be programmed for it to have the dash switches control the seats.

if you do take the bcm from the other vehicle it will need to be programmed to work in your vehicle

if you have access to the whole loom i would start by comparing your original loom to the new one and looking at what is different/missing.

the fuse boxes i would compare as the old ones might not have the metal traces for the extra modules so you might need to swap those and the corresponding looms.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
BCM?

Thanks guys

It’s going to be a Herculean task to change the main wiring loom. You will need to rip-out the interiors and quite a bit of the engine bay and boot to do this. I don’t think you’ll need to change to change the BCM. Most probably you’ll only need to get yours flashed with software matching the donor car model.

But why choose the WN as the donor? Isn’t a Calais V (sedan/ wagon) a better candidate - since the car dimensions, routing paths and mounting points will be a perfect match.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It’ll be a full interior gut to remove the main loom... a huge mod...

But there is a detailed thread within the forum on how to install a HUD without such a herculean effort of main loom swap. See here and here

There are other threads related to seat and MyLink upgrades so I’ll let you do a search... hint use a smart google search with the following structure as it limits search to the forum section of justcomodores ;)
Code:
“your search term” site:forums.justcommodores.com.au

eg. vf hud install site:forums.justcommodores.com.au

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't intend this to be a defeatist remark, I'm not pooh-poohing the idea as you seem to have an idea of the Herculean size of this task ... but would selling the SS & buying a Calais V Sportswagon & fitting aftermarket suspension (and maybe some other bits) be a cheaper & faster solution?

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I don't intend this to be a defeatist remark, I'm not pooh-poohing the idea as you seem to have an idea of the Herculean size of this task ... but would selling the SS & buying a Calais V Sportswagon & fitting aftermarket suspension (and maybe some other bits) be a cheaper & faster solution?

I agree with you on the basis of the complexity & effort involved. But cost-wise, if he takes the DIY route then, it would be cheaper to "upgrade" his SS. Wouldn't it?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I agree with you on the basis of the complexity & effort involved. But cost-wise, if he takes the DIY route then, it would be cheaper to "upgrade" his SS. Wouldn't it?
I think it depends on resources, time etc ...
(*) do you need to buy an entire donor-car, even a wreck?
(*) if not, you're buying piecemeal, this means even more time - do you need to register another car while this project goes on?
(*) is unused rego/insurance on the SS ticking away while it's being worked on? [I suspect it won't be driveable for most of this project]
(*) I don't think the Calais would cost significantly more than the SS would sell for, and I don't see much depreciation difference between a base SS & a V8 Calais long-term.
(*) Additions like this add nothing to the sell-price of a vehicle, so the cost put into it is all for personal pleasure; if the V8 Calais does for some reason cost more than the SS sells for (although I doubt it), then the cost of all those parts won't have been lost.
I swear I thought of more points when I first made the comment! :)

Last edited: