Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Volt

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
thats the car thats meant to save my bros job at holden ?

****kk he better print some resumes. that thing is horrid

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
thats the car thats meant to save my bros job at holden ?

****kk he better print some resumes. that thing is horrid

No thats not it, thats a different car. But you're brother will probably be out of a job in a few weeks anyway with the way things are going :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah mate the car that's going to save your brothers job is infact MUCH worse lol

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
electric cars arent really much better are they? you can run your car with barely any emissions, thats great. but then you go home and plug it in over night and where do you think that electricity comes from? most of that isnt clean at all. and imagine how much more of it we would use if everyone drove electric cars?

Yeah electric cars powered by coal isn't so good but you CAN use solar :) which then makes it a much better idea, conversions of light weight cars to electric power will be the normal mod to do in another 5 years

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
No it was correct how it was :) I just have a finer command of English :D

Azp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VR
If they are serious about the environment they should go hydrogen as it is an unlimited supply, and only water vapour comes out of the exhaust.

the impact on making and recycling batteries is just as bad.

and i agree it looks like a Honda.

They don't have to be serious about the environment they just have to appear to be serious about the environment and the cars will go flying out the showrooms. The majority of people that buy them will have no idea about the impact on making and recycling batteries or if the electricity was generated with coal or whatever at their local power plant. IMO this is a great business decision and is probably the technology that will save GM.

That said I'm very impressed with this car. Using less electricity than a household fridge per year is awesome.

Bkgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VE GTS
They don't have to be serious about the environment they just have to appear to be serious about the environment and the cars will go flying out the showrooms. The majority of people that buy them will have no idea about the impact on making and recycling batteries or if the electricity was generated with coal or whatever at their local power plant. IMO this is a great business decision and is probably the technology that will save GM.

That said I'm very impressed with this car. Using less electricity than a household fridge per year is awesome.

Impressed enough to pay $60k?

That being said, I would rather pay an extra $8,500 on top of the Nissan Leaf, and i'll pass on the Prius!

Holden Volt priced from $59,990 | CarAdvice