Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

home made CAI

vx-s-5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s
well the warmer the air the hotter the engine is running..prolonged that cant do it a whole lot of good. thats just my resoning anyway, i could be way off.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
wont really affect the temp of the engine, the thermostat controls that,,,,, as soon as the airs in the motor, its mixed with fuel and explodes anyway...
its when the air temp sensor reads hot air it pulls the timing a bit and ya loose power, when its reading cooler it advances the timing (advanced go's better) you'll prob notice its a bit sloppy/doughy after sitting at the lights if pods not in a box...

where did you put the sensor that was on the side of the air box?? should put it in the intake pipe if ya havent got it there alrady.....

vx-s-5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s
the extension i got came with some points for the vairious plugs and what not so they are all in. i do notice it doesnt go as hard after a long stint at the lights however it isnt really big enough to complain about. how does your D.I.Y box go? it looks trick as.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
your engine is going to suck hot air when it is staitonary weather it has a CAI a POD or the standard setup .

Reaction score
Members Ride
your engine is going to suck hot air when it is staitonary weather it has a CAI a POD or the standard setup .

but theres a pretty big difference in air temp from sucking it from straight under the bonnet compared to sucking from outside the bonnet...

mines sucking thru the back of the headlight, and yeah it works fine.. was a noticable difference compared to when i just had the pod in the open/no box. and factory box/cai.....

in my experience the car will go better with a standard factory box,cai and filter, compared to a pod just sitting under bonnet sucking hot air...... but the pod in the box getting outside air is better than both by far......

vx-s-5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s
what about the old 2 hole airbox mod. been reading up about it a bit and it seems to be real easy and get good reults for not much money. any experience with it?

Reaction score
Members Ride

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
hey all,
just got a POD on my car but it is sucking in some warm air from the radiator/headers etc. i want a cold air intake
but being a poor ####er i can't afford the $500 for an SS inductions one(as bad as i want it). is it possible to make
one or is there cheaper ones available?

cheers.
Chuck the pod in the stock box
I was looking around at bunnings on weekend
I done some measurement all seems to be ok..
But i'm going to give it a try on weekend