Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Home stereo drivers

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Well we're only taking about a 10" driver here, so they still will have decent midbass. If it was a 12 or 15 then thats a different story.

What type of enclosure are these, ported or sealed?

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Cheers for that link. I found the part I need but it is sold. I'll keep an eye on that site until I either find another one or have a go at fixing it.

I was going to have a chat with you on MSN about this as soon as I have more than 5 mins to sit down at the computer at a time.

Those subs I bought off you arrived today as well, but noone was home when the courier was here and they wouldn't let my housemate pick them up from the depot, even with a proof of ID that I had left for him, so I'll pick them up tomorrow morning

Sure, and don't forget to break in the subs :)

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Yeah I guess...I'll still want to listen to a couple first.

Its a ported enclosure, and fairly big. I haven't pulled the drivers out yet to get an idea of whats going on inside the boxes but I imagine they would just be 1 big chamber. Thats the job for next weekend when I'm there again. She just asked me to look into it while I was there this week

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Really? Well thats news to me......havent used them yet so I'll have to wait and see.

Yea its all made in china crap now, vifa got sold off from their parent company. The new speakers themselves look absolutely terrible. Real shame.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Thanks bezz, i was abit suspicious when i opened the new Electus catalogue and saw them....they didnt "look" like Vifa drivers i've seen, the subwoofers have "cardio" on the dustcap, not sure if thats intentional or an indication....i wont buy a sub to find out, probably just a set of 6"...although they arent cheap, the coaxials are close to triple the wholesale price of the "venom" versions.