Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Homemade air duct (with pics)

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
I will attemp this in the next week or so. I am going to use flyscreen over the hole, I doubt it will inhibit the airflow much. And it wont be able to suck up any of the smaller items. Remember that it sucks the air thru that chunky ass filter, im sure that it can suck it thru the flyscreen.

lockmac

Reaction score
I just did mine the other day.. it almost looks stock.. had to use some cable ties though down below to attach it as i didnt really know what else to use.. but i can definately notice a difference... a lot more responsive and up high (say cruising at 90km/h), if i plant my foot, has so much more acceleration

very happy with this mod.. all my friends laughed at me when talking about it but my mate is going to do it to his now!

many tahnks again good luck!

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
I just did mine the other day.. it almost looks stock.. had to use some cable ties though down below to attach it as i didnt really know what else to use.. but i can definately notice a difference... a lot more responsive and up high (say cruising at 90km/h), if i plant my foot, has so much more acceleration

very happy with this mod.. all my friends laughed at me when talking about it but my mate is going to do it to his now!

many tahnks again good luck!

hey there... good to here some positives on this subject. i have got the whole cai ready to put in but i need to paint it black... what sort of paint did you use and how much was it... and also do you have pics of it aswell.?

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Well far be it from me not to jump on the bandwagon, ill have a go at this myself in the coming weeks when i get some free time.

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
Don't know if it has been mentioned (skimmed through all 8 pages but didn't see anything) but has anyone attempted to put a whole on the front left corner of the airbox and have piping going into the front left cavity behind the headlight?? Was checking my fluids n what not today and noticed there is a gap there...

jjFarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Phantom
Don't know if it has been mentioned (skimmed through all 8 pages but didn't see anything) but has anyone attempted to put a whole on the front left corner of the airbox and have piping going into the front left cavity behind the headlight?? Was checking my fluids n what not today and noticed there is a gap there...

The problem with that is that you then make it even harder to get to the rear of the headlight assembly - making the changing of a bulb particularly difficult ;)

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
I think i'm going to give this a shot once i get some spare time, seems like its worth the $20 - $30 spent.

Rano11

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vx executive s2 vx v6
but cutting a hole in the air box and allowing for extra air, is all goos and well, but, when the weather is hot you are also allowing for more hot air, then you're ecu changes the air fuel mix, hence the car would run like s""T, yes this is a good idea, but you should also include an air senser mod chip, to make the ecu think the motor is sucking cold air no matter what, also change the 02 senser's on the exhaust's, in conjunction with what you have done an what i suggest, you will notice a great boost from you're car, with little cost.