Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hoon Killed after Chase

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
big deal.....u never speed?....never ever??????:whistling

He contradicted himself,thats all i was saying.

For you info i prob have one of the worst driving history on this site.I dont hide it,i dont try and justify it or minimise it.
Its called taking it on the chin.:thumbsup:

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
What I find amusing is that the police pick a guy up for committing an offence (speeding) yet let the same guy perpetrate another offence (being a pedestrian on a freeway) right under their noses.

From the information that has been given, as soon as it was realised he was missing a quick search was conducted to ensure he wasn't walking where he shouldn't have been.

Everything that could have been done, was done.

As I said, this is based on the information given.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
I agree, the police are not a taxis service. That is where there is a problem. Do we turf a car load of people onto the roadway where being a pedestrian is banned. Do we turf them out of the car on a deserted strip of road in the desert and allow them to perish?
Do we leave a group of people on a lonely strip of highway out there to get picked up, abducted, assaulted etc? Maybe you think it is deserved punishment, I dont.

It doesn't quite work like that as far as dumping someone out on the road goes. There are many factors that are considered when seeking authority to impound.

All of which are procedural matters.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
He contradicted himself,thats all i was saying.

For you info i prob have one of the worst driving history on this site.I dont hide it,i dont try and justify it or minimise it.
Its called taking it on the chin.:thumbsup:

fair enough :thumbsup:...when I was younger I was atrocious with me attitude about road laws, I didn't bother with a license till I was near on 26 and as for rego :whistling, but once I got me license I value it for what it is and I now jump on me son's back every time he does something stupid.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
I use to hitch hike to Qld from Vic all the time when I was a teenager and all around the place where I live, freeways included. Never got a ticket for walking on and was never told by a cop I couldn't be walking on the freeway, I did get booked for hitch hiking though.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
It doesn't quite work like that as far as dumping someone out on the road goes. There are many factors that are considered when seeking authority to impound.

All of which are procedural matters.
Im sure it doesnt, just others were suggesting that's the way it ought to be.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
so he was a d1ck head and the cops where just doing there job whhhhooopie dooooo.
besides it doesent matter who falt it is the lad is dead,

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
So what exactly happened to common sense?
1. He got done for something illegal and got his car towed (whatever, it happens)
2. Was offered a ride home, but REFUSED?
3. Ok i can understand that he didn't want to go home with the police, but why not call someone to pick him up?
4. Did he get hit on the road? or the grass? because seriously who the **** walks on a busy road? let alone a freeway?.....

Like someone said, when did the police become a taxi service? i understand they have to try and help but wtf? does this mean when i get wasted in the city i can just take a **** on the freeway and hope to get picked up by the police and get taken home?
Because seriously, if its going to save me $50 on a taxi i'm more then happy to flop it out :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ROFL common sense died in the ass a long time ago.

LOL at this fool, karma definately comes to mind on this one lol

It did seemingly die a long time ago. I mean so many people have the mentality that because they do not like a law that it does not apply to them.