Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[hoon laws] JC member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
You enforce the laws. In many coases it is a police commissionar who approves the legislation. If police disagree with the laws as a whole, stand up to the govco for the people who PAY YOU and say we will not do it.

Fat chance of looking after those who pay your wages though eh?

I know that certain officers are consulted during the process, but the ultimate decision rests with parlaiment. There will always be laws that some agree with and some dont, it cant be helped, its impossible to pllease everyone. Quite often alot of these laws are knee jerk reactions to public outcry over a certain incident. Take Skyes Law for example, all came about over public outcry about a police chase where the guy didnt stop. So called 'hoon' legislation is about shown Mr General Public that something is being done. No one seems to sit back and think if its a good idea as long as it wins votes.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
How do you figure that?

There is too much emphasis on time served rather than suitability in the role. The military is the same. I'm not saying the people in the role aren't suitable, I'm saying there may be someone more suitable but hasn't been in as long or ascended in rank far enough.

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
There is too much emphasis on time served rather than suitability in the role. The military is the same. I'm not saying the people in the role aren't suitable, I'm saying there may be someone more suitable but hasn't been in as long or ascended in rank far enough.

True, but in the cops alot of promotion is achieved based on doing an exam, not actually demonstrating you can do it physically. Whilst many of the higher ranking officer work hard to get there, some get there based on smarts alone and are very poor in the role

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
If it's not part of your daily duties, why do you physically have to be able to do it?

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
If it's not part of your daily duties, why do you physically have to be able to do it?

Because i believe that in order to be able to command someone and tell them to do something you should be competent at doing it yourself

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Because i believe that in order to be able to command someone and tell them to do something you should be competent at doing it yourself

Why? Seriously. Why are the two related? If you understand the role, know the performance indicators and are competent in your role in either administration or management of that role, then why on earth do you need to be able to do it yourself? I'd never hire anyone if I myself had to know how to do all the jobs I manage.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Why wouldn't they? If its within the law, it WILL happen.

Thats exactly the answer I wanted, dont need to reply further.

Nah it won't, sorry.

How does it feel to be the only person that knows what you're on about?

Ace_VP I wouldn't bother with STEALTHY, he seems to know his ****, he probably knows more than you could ever know being a police officer, if you hooked up his brain to a computer, the computer would probably catch fire.

Let's see this legislation STEALTHY.

Status
Not open for further replies.