Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hoses

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Well Trying the silicon for now, just till have have a bit of cash to get it sorted, see how well it goes lol

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Get some braided hose, a few -6an fittings and you are good to go. Enzed can be quite helpful, I believe TUFFVQ used these guys when replacing his trans cooler lines and I know I intend on doing the same in the next week or two.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Get some braided hose, a few -6an fittings and you are good to go. Enzed can be quite helpful, I believe TUFFVQ used these guys when replacing his trans cooler lines and I know I intend on doing the same in the next week or two.

Yeh, that's a cheap fix.....:eek:

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Yeh, that's a cheap fix.....:eek:

Cheaper than having to tow your car home because it's ####ed it's tranny fluid all over the freeway (trust me on this one). Sure a dodgy fix might last a day, a week, a year or even a few years but when if fails it will be costly; transmission hoses are high pressure lines, not something you should be patching with silicon.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Wheres the Aussie Spirit of She'll Be Right mate ? LOL, dont worry, hope to have some new hoses soon.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Cheaper than having to tow your car home because it's ####ed it's tranny fluid all over the freeway (trust me on this one). Sure a dodgy fix might last a day, a week, a year or even a few years but when if fails it will be costly; transmission hoses are high pressure lines, not something you should be patching with silicon.

True, but i wasn't suggesting a dodgy fix. Buying new lines (the right ones) would be a cheaper fix than braid & screw on fittings.

Also, IMO, transmission lines should always be steel, just with flexible line at the trans cooler end.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Ok, So Since i gave the silicon a go, I have now confirmed the Leak is where it plugs onto the metal Pipes @ the PS Pump, They are the Quick release push type connectors. Now do these usually have a O ring that i could try & replace ? so the hoses are fine, its just leaking at the connection.