Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how can 8 km knock $15k off a Motorsport?

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
A dealer near me, who lost their GMH franchise stocked up on V8s. On their website, they list some 2017 Motorsports: 2 with "0 km" are $84,990. But 2 with 8 km are $67,870 and $69,870. Why?
So, I guess I have to hoist it on a tow truck and never drive it to maintain it's investment value?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Their reasoning is possibly that you can never undo the addition of km’s, so the 0km vehicles are unobtanium.
Reality is that they’ve been driven on & off trucks & around car-parks etc, they don’t really have 0km ... and honestly it’s probably bad data due to them not updating the km’s on the demo cars.

Rapom1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oct 2017 sv6 wagon white
Just like the stickers on cars at many dealerships for example "WAS $45,999, NOW $37,999". Attempts to create the impression and illusion of a bargain. Invariably though the WAS price is absurdly inflated and the car never really WAS for sale at that price, and if it ever was it'd have never ever sold for that price. Usually even the purported bargain NOW price is still inflated. Only works on the naive and silly who have not done their research.
Someone who really thinks they are getting a $15k saving by virtue of 8km is a few stubbies short of a 6pack.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Invariably though the WAS price is absurdly inflated and the car never really WAS for sale at that price, and if it ever was it'd have never ever sold for that price.

And which is a clear breach of the ACL.

Rapom1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oct 2017 sv6 wagon white
And which is a clear breach of the ACL.
Yes but its hard to prove, the dealership can just say the WAS price is full RRP plus full inflated dealer delivery plus the full RRP of any extras.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Seems to be a common thing. I see, for example, dealers have VF2 Calais' listed at about 57k drive away while also selling some at 50k with like 2 or 7km etc on them.......?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yes but its hard to prove, the dealership can just say the WAS price is full RRP plus full inflated dealer delivery plus the full RRP of any extras.

Agree, not easy to prove, whether cars or any othher goods.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Seems to be a common thing. I see, for example, dealers have VF2 Calais' listed at about 57k drive away while also selling some at 50k with like 2 or 7km etc on them.......?
Our Redline demo with 75km on the clock had 2km on the clock according to the dealer website.
They update the prices but conveniently forget to update the odo readings ...

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It's just to make you feel special if they offer you a discount. Which one are you going to buy anyway?

Kingcarl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6 series II MY 12.5
Its a worry.....the first km are the most important. In reality the dealer has slapped a trade plate on your new potential car and driven home pulling gears like an animal giving out joy rides to anyone who puts up there hand and then its sold as a brand new car.