Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how dangerous is 2k spraying in back yard

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
iso loaded stuff is only bad for you if you get it in your eyes, breath it in, get it on skin, or open cuts.

as long as you protect your lungs, eyes and skin you can spray anything you want anywhere you want. also as long as were here ill just add its bad etiquette to get overspray on your neighbors house, cars, wife, kids, or pets. so just keep that in mind...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353148909.557480.jpg
So what was the next step again?????

PJDM1980

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I have sprayed iso free 2k plenty of times in my shed (although I don't live in the city so not as bad) it does still smell for quite a distance so if you are even going to consider it aim to do it when your naighbours aren't home so it doesn't annoy them.

Also spray in a shed, not a driveway.....the amount of idiots I have seen do this on a breezy day and get overspray on other people's property is ridiculous....common sence people.

I still make sure when spraying anything such as Acrylic, 2k, enamals etc that I use a basic resporator mask/safety glasses (<$50 from bunnings) mainly because I spray metallics so I don't want to be breathing in metal flakes, I also wear long sleeve clothing with gloves on so I don't get anything on my skin as even a metallic acrylic will irritate the arms/legs etc

garth7777

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
how do you guys find the iso free 2k i have been told that it goes chalky after a couple of years and is not really any better or as good as acrylic lacquer also that it marks easier than acrylic lacquer

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
i wanted to email HIChem but they dont have an email address on their website, does anyone know who sells their stuff in northern suburbs of melbourne?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
i wanted to email HIChem but they dont have an email address on their website, does anyone know who sells their stuff in northern suburbs of melbourne?

Why don't you just ring them? They're more than helpful over the phone.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
to my suprise, i got a reply email from HiChem this morning, heres what they had to say..........Good morning Joe,

Our 2K Iso free range comes in various colours and we have an Iso-free Primer/Filler/Isolator.

Our Etch Primer isn’t an Iso free product yet you are able to use it under Iso Free Primers/Colour.

Our nearest Distributor would be Paint Centre in Sunshine.

Their address is:

4/569 Somerville Road Sunshine.

Ph: 9364-7932

Regards

Peter Black

Helpdesk

HiChem Paint Technologies

Ph: 03 9796 3034

Fax: 03 8792 6751

[email protected]

so i guess i could use normal 2k etch.....say PPG (with iso), then go iso free from then on......what is everyones thoughts ?

VSSS_5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5L
I would say either go 2k or go acrylic. I dont see iso free 2k having an advantage over either. I think there's a reason why there isn't a whole lot of brands that do it.

bdj_007

Foose
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2002 Holden VX Equipe SII
use 2k, the job will look alot better and last alot longer. make sure you remember to wear a dusk mask with charcoal filter.

bdj_007

Foose
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2002 Holden VX Equipe SII
to my suprise, i got a reply email from HiChem this morning, heres what they had to say..........Good morning Joe,

Our 2K Iso free range comes in various colours and we have an Iso-free Primer/Filler/Isolator.

Our Etch Primer isn’t an Iso free product yet you are able to use it under Iso Free Primers/Colour.

Our nearest Distributor would be Paint Centre in Sunshine.

Their address is:

4/569 Somerville Road Sunshine.

Ph: 9364-7932

Regards

Peter Black

Helpdesk

HiChem Paint Technologies

Ph: 03 9796 3034

Fax: 03 8792 6751

[email protected]

so i guess i could use normal 2k etch.....say PPG (with iso), then go iso free from then on......what is everyones thoughts ?

do not use hi chem. it is cheap s@#t. use cobra 2k [its by ppg]