Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I bring up Fault Codes

Dougk50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
I have a VT 50th Anniversary V6 Stock std. Can someone tell me how to bring up the codes? I have no probs with my VN but the VT is a bit different.
I am having trouble starting the engine, ign on and all lights light up, but when u turn the key to start, NOTHING, absolutely dead. Brand new battery. After a while it will spin over but not start, then after about 20 times of trying she fires??
Can anyone help?

M

MickVTSS

Hey mate how you going.. is it turning over at all or when you turn your key theres nothing.. i had a similar prob not to long ago where my car all of a sudden just died.. first thought it may have been a fuel pump but ended up being the distributor stuffing up.... so maybe check your leads plugs ect and go from there.. not sure other than that

R

RKZ234

Fault Codes

The problem you describe can be a result of the remote having a dodgy battery.

Try using your other remote. If vehicle starts OK with the other one, then you've identified your problem. If it still doesn't start, then it's off to a dealer for Tech2 diagnosis.

O

OofHook

OofHook

If you want to see fault codes, all you do is use a piece of wire and use the computer terminal under the steering wheel. With the wire you put the ends in pins 5 and 6, the engine light will flash a series of times. Each code will flash 3 times before going on to the next code. When it flashes once and after a break it flashes twice - the code is 1 and 2 which means a code 12. This means no fault. You need the right book that will tell you what the codes mean. Most of the time it will give the code 12 and then move on to the actual faults.

trademark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S/W
If you want to see fault codes, all you do is use a piece of wire and use the computer terminal under the steering wheel. With the wire you put the ends in pins 5 and 6, the engine light will flash a series of times. Each code will flash 3 times before going on to the next code. When it flashes once and after a break it flashes twice - the code is 1 and 2 which means a code 12. This means no fault. You need the right book that will tell you what the codes mean. Most of the time it will give the code 12 and then move on to the actual faults.

I tried that on my car earlier ... got the engine light flashing this code to me ...

10 - 1 - 1 - 3 (repeated)

Anyone got an idea what that means ?

Last edited: