Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I tell if I have fe2 suspension

Ho7den

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
I just bought a 2000 VX executive and would like to know if it has fe2 suspension or not.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
there should be an id tag riveted to the body work next to the radiator in front of the air filter box. have a look at the suspension code on there, if it came from factory with fe2, it will say it there....if it has been changed after, you might have to have a look at the springs and look for any tags or stickers on the coils themselves.....park alongside a car that you know has fe2 or stock suspension...go from there...

V

VT Power

You can also feel it when driving. The FE2 is firmer than normal. Drive over a rough bit of road. You can feel it then compared with normal suspension

V

VXII Silver

I think you'll find that the executive models didn't come with FE2 suspension think Berlina & S pack onwards did.

L

LYRIC

The Calais also comes with FE2 i was told that FE2 uses gas shocks
unlike the standerd Hydrolic.

R

Ratty

Hey I have a berlina VY Series 2... Ex-Demo with Leather... what suspension would I prob have? I will go look for the plate near the radiator tonight!!

R

RKZ234

VXII Silver said:
I think you'll find that the executive models didn't come with FE2 suspension think Berlina & S pack onwards did.

FE2 was an option on All models, EXCEPT S and SS where it was standard.

The plaque rivetted near the left headlight will either say FE2 or STD. for the Susp.

V

VT Power

Most ex-police cars will also have FE2, especially the pursuit ones.

R

RKZ234

VT Power said:
Most ex-police cars will also have FE2, especially the pursuit ones.

Any 9C1 option Police V6 Commodore Executive Sedan or S/Wagon car has FE2. FE2 is one of the components of the National Police Pack (9C1 option) Some Acclaims are also ordered with the 9C1 option, some aren't.

The SS Commodore has FE2 standard, meaning the Police Pack SS automatically has it without FE2 being requested as part of the 9C1 option.