Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do u replace rear electric windows on vp??

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
hey, well recently both my rear electric windows on my vp berlina stopped working passengers side first, then few weeks later drivers side! i pulled the door pannel off one door and put a voltmeter on the input to the motor, pushed the switch down, voltmeter read 7 volts, then i disconnected the motor and put the voltmeter on the input wires that go to the motor, pushed swithch down, it then read 12 volts! is this a faulty motor?? and if so it looks like a bitch to replace, has anyone done this before??
help would be great!

fatty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg ute
Not sure how to do it but may have some motors up for sale or swap predy soon ;)

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The motors failing is pretty common.

They're not too difficult to change, easier than the front. You will need new rivets and I think the correct (genuine) ones have extra big heads, although that might be the front. (I haven't done one for some time).

Drill the heads off the old rivets and punch the mandrels (the little pins in the centre of the rivets) through. Slide the plastic er... slider :))) forwards out of the runner at the base of the window and remove the old motor/regulator assembly, motor first out through the big cut out in the door frame.

The new assembly goes in the same way the old one came out. Sliding the new slider into the runner is easier if you operate the motor - temporarily connect the window switch - so as to put the window about half way down and the runner at a height where you can access it through a cut out in the door frame.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I dont think u can get these rivets anymore? but mine did the same a while back i just used 12mm or 15mm bolts and nuts. If they fail again least they will b easier 2 access the regulators. Doesnt help if u have big hands either hahaha :p

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeah theyre easy as to replace. one hour on each door tops. just drill out the rivets and replace them with bolts. and if the fronts fail, you can always take the motor out of them and not the entire mechanism. saves heaps of time and annoyance

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Cool, I may need to do my back left at some point. Cheers guys :)

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Drill out the rivets, I re-riveted mine with rivets from bunnings...

Looks factory ^_^ took me a whole hour including removing motor from another car.

Cheers
MaT