Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Calais Power Window wont go up but goes down

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
My lh rear door power window wont go up.

tested:
- The other side rear door switch.
- A whole new wiring loom for the door
- Another motor
- Tested and getting power in the main switch unit. the switch that activates the window has continuity when pressing for up and down.

the only thing I can see is putting a multimeter on the wires for the motor without it connected is if I press up I get 11.8x volts and when I press down I get 8.xx volts..
Seems like a wiring issue probably earth. I should have used a different earth and tested the volts.
i
i hate how the wiring runs for power windows since its not 2 wires it all goes back into the main console unit.

anyone got any tips or a wiring schematic I can trace?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
here

Attachments

• PwrWindow.pdf
    46.8 KB · Views: 44

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
cheers
now im more confused. why am I getting less volts one way than the other if they end up using the same wires... just in a different direction...
makes me think the main switch is the problem

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
Ended up guessing that the main switch must have a dirty contact on the power leg of the up switch

Pulled it apart and it was definately in need of some attention. Cleaned them both up and it works again.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Ended up guessing that the main switch must have a dirty contact on the power leg of the up switch

Pulled it apart and it was definately in need of some attention. Cleaned them both up and it works again.
Well done !

Yes they get a build up of carbon/dirt on the gold/silver contacts, and can melt the white plastic pins that move the contact leavers.

I had one [LHR Window] where the plastic pin had melted, and the switch wasn't working correctly,
I only found it because of curiosity to why it didn't work, [where as the main switch operated it correctly], and pulled it apart,
I ended up getting one from the wreckers, and the rest is history.