Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you earn a crust?

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
centerlink???

Good call...
Its a shame because when you genuinely need assistance finacially, you cant get it or have to jump through so many flaming hoops that its not worth the trouble.
On the other hand, if you just dont want to work / need time to tend to your hydro / have 16 kids to 15 different people then all you need to do is wake up and centrelink forks out our tax dollars to pay you for the privelige of being a bum.

No wonder our country is number 6 on the worlds most unsustainable countries list...

Back in the 70's there were 16 tax paying people for every 1 pensioner... in 2006 that number is down to about 2 per pensioner...
You can see how unsustainable that is.

All these bleeding hearts.. as soon as someone has a sore back or a lump on their finger, they go on disability... well bloody hell have a sook.
What happened to an honest days pay for an honest days work?
What happened to dedication and sense or responsibility.

Its a sad easy world for kids to never have to grow up in

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Good call...
Its a shame because when you genuinely need assistance finacially, you cant get it or have to jump through so many flaming hoops that its not worth the trouble.
On the other hand, if you just dont want to work / need time to tend to your hydro / have 16 kids to 15 different people then all you need to do is wake up and centrelink forks out our tax dollars to pay you for the privelige of being a bum.

No wonder our country is number 6 on the worlds most unsustainable countries list...

Back in the 70's there were 16 tax paying people for every 1 pensioner... in 2006 that number is down to about 2 per pensioner...

All these bleeding hearts.. as soon as someone has a sore back or a lump on their finger, they go on disability... well bloody hell have a sook.

I totally agree

I've been working pretty much constantly since I was 15, I took a little time off work when I went back to school to get my Hospitality Management diploma but apart from a brief stint on the dole when one of my old venues closed down and I was retrenched and wasn't sure what I wanted to do next(2 or 3 months, did Work For The Dole on Puffing Billy from the end of the first week of my dole stint, didn't have to but I said I'd rather to a few hours up there each week than do nothing) I've been working full on and usually only take 2 and a bit weeks off each year to go to Bathurst

If someone genuinely can't work because of a serious injury, etc then I don't mind if they are at home but one of my friends does a lot of Workcover fraud investigation work and the amount of people who can work but would rather collect disability pensions, etc is ridiculous.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Good call...

That is due to change in population demographics as much as any other reason. In the 70's, the baby boomers were all at the peak of their employment and not having kids at the same rate as their parents. Now, baby boomers are getting to retirement age and a (relatively) smaller workforce has to support them.

This is a problem that is facing many countries in the western world. Superannuation is one factor that is helping somewhat however compulsary super was introduced 50years too late for these people. Many argue that 9% is way too low as well.

Reaper

familyguy

Bog Standard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Architect. But not the fun Matrix-style Architect or George Carlin version.

Used to be a barman/waiter, did that for a couple of years, left it well behind.

Reminds me of a joke:
What did the engineering student say to the architecture student?
"Would you like fries with that?"

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
At uni studying Chemical Engineering. Working at a gold mine for 3 months on my uni holidays.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
i have 3 jobs lol.. ones in the corporate boxes at the MCG, ones at a bar and the third is casual with my uncle in an oil factory.. haha variety IS the spice of life!!
studying to be a pilot though, so i kinda need LOTS of $$$
but im thinking of getting an aeronautical engineering degree.. guess im going thru the "change" lol

BnSuter

Meow Meow F**kin' wow
Reaction score
Victoria, I'm from the country an I like it that w
Members Ride
VS S2 S pack ute
I'm a 2nd yr apprentice as a diesel mechanic in a cummins dealership, yet I still think the competitior builds a better motor. CAT for reliability and strength.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Well im a bricklayer so yer enjoying these nice warm day befor it gets to hot out there.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Good call...

very bloody well said!!! saved me saying the same thing.