Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you remove fuel pump electrical connector?

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
How do you remove the fuel pump electrical connector that is above the fuel filter? it is mounted to the body I've tried removing it from the mounting thing but it will not slide out.

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I gave up on removing it and instead lowered the tank just enough that I could remove it off the pump even removing it off the pump was annoying had to remove a locking pin before I could unclip it.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
We removed our with a bit of wiggling and jiggling and of course some swearing.
I sprayed the Lanolin spay on all the connections to help free them up then got up in there with a camera to take photos to see what I was dealing with.
One I dealt with them blue clips it came apart easy enough, not a job I'd want to do again.

Attachments

• VX Commodore - New Fuel Tank Pump.JPG
    VX Commodore - New Fuel Tank Pump.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 225
  • VX Commodore - Fuel Tank Removal.jpg
    VX Commodore - Fuel Tank Removal.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 273

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
I sprayed the Lanolin spay on all the connections to help free them up then got up in there with a camera to take photos to see what I was dealing with.
One I dealt with them blue clips it came apart easy enough, not a job I'd want to do again.
well done getting the job done, plus taking photos beforehand, always helps the memory cells :)

Just a query, I noticed you have red assist air bag/s inside your springs, wondering where you got them ?? I have them to in my ute for loads and have noticed one slowing losing pressure so Im looking to see whats available in choice/price.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
well done getting the job done, plus taking photos beforehand, always helps the memory cells :)

Just a query, I noticed you have red assist air bag/s inside your springs, wondering where you got them ?? I have them to in my ute for loads and have noticed one slowing losing pressure so Im looking to see whats available in choice/price.
Pedder's did mine on my old car.

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX

It has turned out to be a nightmare for me because after fitting the new pump into the tank the locking ring will now not fit over the pump because it is slightly too big so now I have to reinstall the old pump, return new pump and do it all over again and FIVE websites said ge157 is the right pump for me even goss website says it is the right pump.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Ebay has them or you can buy from sparebox.. Red or Blue.

thanks quickdraw macdraw aka tlh ;) I already knew where to buy, plenty of places available.... reason I asked is mine are air and in the pic which is not easy to see seems as the red bag doesn't have air lines, so maybe :) there are solid bags available :) ????

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
thanks quickdraw macdraw aka tlh ;) I already knew where to buy, plenty of places available.... reason I asked is mine are air and in the pic which is not easy to see seems as the red bag doesn't have air lines, so maybe :) there are solid bags available :) ????
Gas?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If they are not air bag then how does one insert them? By the looks they pressing hard up against the inner spring. Never seen a solid poly bag even if they were you wouldn't get then inside the coil without putting a hole in them.
Just get the real air bag system and remove the springs.