Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you remove Holden Assist from stereo?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
My green light comes on but when i press the buttons nothing happens either ....
Been like that since i bought the car.

Mine definitely used to bring up a dial tone when I pushed the assist buttons. 100% sure. I havent pushed the buttons in months (because there was not point). Maybe something did happen to the assist module. I'll investigate myself a bit further.

Last edited:

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
Thanks, now I just need to figure out how to get behind the boot liner. That shouldnt be too hard. The pic you got there is of a WH, mines a WK but I assume its located in a similar place.

Yes the WH had the units in the boot, but as I said before, the unit in your car is behind the glovebox.

Also, when I used to press the Holden Assist call button the thing tried to dial but then a voice said something about the service being disconnected. Now there is just a red light on the mirror and the buttons do nothing. Maybe the Holden Assist unit has died? I'll check tomorrow if I can remove the boot liner. I'm hoping its something as simple as a blow fuse.

Just means that the contract for Holden Assist has expired. Could contact customer assistance for the number to get it reconnected if you wish to.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Yes the WH had the units in the boot, but as I said before, the unit in your car is behind the glovebox.

Just means that the contract for Holden Assist has expired. Could contact customer assistance for the number to get it reconnected if you wish to.

Geee, I wish I read your post more through. I'll check behind the glovebox.

As for the disconnection, its been disconnected for 3 years BUT I should still be able to get a dial tone if I push the botton. Thats what the problem is (I suspect). No dial tone so I think the unit may be dead.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
Geee, I wish I read your post more through. I'll check behind the glovebox.

As for the disconnection, its been disconnected for 3 years BUT I should still be able to get a dial tone if I push the botton. Thats what the problem is (I suspect). No dial tone so I think the unit may be dead.

Don't remember correctly if the dial tone stays or not. Due to the fact that it is so far out of contract, it is like a mobile SIM that has been canceled.
We did have problems with the aerials on the earlier models, but not sure any more (been too long).
Let me know how it goes if you can disconnect the unit, otherwise I will try and get a hold of more info.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Don't remember correctly if the dial tone stays or not. Due to the fact that it is so far out of contract, it is like a mobile SIM that has been canceled.
We did have problems with the aerials on the earlier models, but not sure any more (been too long).
Let me know how it goes if you can disconnect the unit, otherwise I will try and get a hold of more info.

I cant get to it. I'm not sure how to get behind the glove box. I'm afraid to break something.

What do your mean by aerials? Since the holden assist thing came up, the auto aerials also is playing up. When the 'voice in' message pops up the aerial goes up regardless of radio on or not. But when I lock the car, aerial goes down again.

I might need to take it to a holden dealer after all :realangry. I drove by the local dealer but the 'service guy' didnt even know what I was talking about.:bang: Sure as hell not going to take it to that dealer. If I do take it in, what kind of questions should I ask them over the phone so I at least have comfort that they know what they are talking about?

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
I cant get to it. I'm not sure how to get behind the glove box. I'm afraid to break something.

What do your mean by aerials? Since the holden assist thing came up, the auto aerials also is playing up. When the 'voice in' message pops up the aerial goes up regardless of radio on or not. But when I lock the car, aerial goes down again.

I might need to take it to a holden dealer after all :realangry. I drove by the local dealer but the 'service guy' didnt even know what I was talking about.:bang: Sure as hell not going to take it to that dealer. If I do take it in, what kind of questions should I ask them over the phone so I at least have comfort that they know what they are talking about?

The best dealer that I know of is the bigger one near Carasel (sp?) shops. Took my brother a while to find a good dealer over there. Seem to know what they were doing.

The aerials that I mean are for the GPS and GSM.
The reason that I can think of for the aerial going up and down would be that the Telematics is sending a signal to the radio for the mute function.

The problem that you may have with the service dept is that if noone has done any training on the system, they will only have basic knowledge. Get them to connect Tech 2 first then they should get the diagnostic charts off the dealer site or ring Australian Arrow in Melb and get more info.

Hope that helps

vp_304

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this from the dead but did you figure out how to get rid of that anoying voice in on your wk stereo and aerial going up and down cause of the holden assist being disabled ?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Sorry to bump this from the dead but did you figure out how to get rid of that anoying voice in on your wk stereo and aerial going up and down cause of the holden assist being disabled ?

No... learnt to live with it

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Holden unplugged the speaker wire for me, all i get is PHONE on the stereo but no sound comes out

vp_304

Reaction score
does the aerial still go up and down whe you turn the car off?