Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you remove the fuel sender/pump assembly in a VR V8 sedan?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Dad and I are quite stuck, can't figure it out at all. We have a manual for a VN V6, removing the tank was relatively similar for the 2 cars but we're very stuck on the sender. The tank is out and empty on the workbench and the sender unit is unbolted. The problem seems to be the rubber hose running into the tank, it looks like there's a sort of clip on it but I've never seen one before and therefore can't get it off. Does anything need to be disconnected to remove this unit? I'm trying to replace the fuel pump, that's what started this whole issue.

Any help greatly appreciated, I do recognize this is difficult without photos.

Sam

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
All good, got it off. Dad worked it out.

I'll put it all back together tomorrow with the new pump and a bunch of new hoses (most of them are badly perished and leaking).

I think I'll just pick up a few metres of each diameter fuel line and re-do all the hoses on the VR and the VN.

Sam

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
If your doing the vapour lines (thinner ones that go upto a black box and to the top of the filler) dont use fuel line, will wear out quick (so ive been told).

You can get it from holden (about $17 including the vent hose) or i was told mower shops sell it too (is white when new).

i replaced mine as they were crumbling when poked.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Anyone got more info on this? I don't know anything at all about it. All I know is just about every line is stuffed and I have until 12 noon tomorrow to get it all.