Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How far to take your ecotec?

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
yeah thats what im going by, you know i could be wrong, but that just means i gotta make my own commodore push the power, so then i know im not been miss lead

ok sure i look like a dick head right now, but seriously... **** im only young and still learning in this scene.... but im positive i can get the ecotech to push over 215 N/A, im down right positive i can

cause seriously, there not big numbers...

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
not big numbers i agree but your wallet needs to be big

yer only time will tell........in both cases actually
when we get one in another few decades and then the actual time:p

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
decades? haha nah no way, give me 2 years MAX and i'll have it pushing the numbers you reakon i can't make outta a ecotec that N/A

btw i love the VL, ****ing loooks mint

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
was reffering to the drag strip in sa
cheers

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
ooooh...well that just makes me look like a bigger ******** lol

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's just a shame SA doesn't have a 1/4 mile to back up the claims....My bet, that car wouldn't run as fast as the dyno sheet suggests.

thing is though mate, there is a lot more to going quick down the 1/4 then just HP. you need the entire driveline and suspension optimised. some people just want a quick cruiser and just aren't interested in stting a quick 1/4mile time.

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
thats true.... anyone can go fast in a straight line....

its basically bragging rights that your car can go fast in a straight line.... well theres always corners in life ... you gotta face them sooner or later

ADDICTVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6
ill get mine up to 220rwkw then ill be happy. i brought the supercharger straight away. its the most expensive mod ill buy for her and the rest of the mods are a lot easier to save for.

Im doing a v8 up as a weekender and there is no denying v8s make more power and sound better but i like having both the v6 is my daily and wont get no where near the attention from the cops. but on that same note it will smoke most v8s off the lights.

if you want to do a v6 up do it, if you dont do a v8 up easy.

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
amen to that... just don't go backwards to a 4 banger haha

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
thing is though mate, there is a lot more to going quick down the 1/4 then just HP. you need the entire driveline and suspension optimised. some people just want a quick cruiser and just aren't interested in stting a quick 1/4mile time.

Yeh i realise that ,however, even a car that isn't properly set up will still give a MPH that is indicative of the HP/KW....Drag racing isn't all about the time, the MPH tells the story. I agree that some people want a fast cruiser, but then they go and get it dynoed to try and prove how fast it is? A dyno sheet isn't validated without a 1/4 mile slip to go with it IMO...A dyno is great for tuning a car, no doubt about that, but to go to a dyno for the soul purpose of getting a RWKW reading, whats the point?

thats true.... anyone can go fast in a straight line....

its basically bragging rights that your car can go fast in a straight line.... well theres always corners in life ... you gotta face them sooner or later

And a dyno sheet isn't about bragging rights? :p