Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how hard is it too pinch a vs series 2 without the key

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Hidden killswitch...

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Your best bet is an alarm system. Or you could just unplug all the spark plug leads every time you get out of the car, they'll be scratching their heads for ages....

Hahaha cheapest and best way. If they are the scummy street thieves who wanna quickly steal a car and bail, they will leave the car quickly once they realise it won't start straight away when hotwiring it. I highly doubt a thief will pop the bonnet and look for possible things wrong with the car, OR do an error code check :p

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
like above post, if your desperate, you can disconnect your plug leads. I moved to a pretty dodgy area of the city, and some nights, if i dont get a good parking spot, i remove my leads completely, and bring them inside with me !!!!!

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to take all the relays with you?

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Looking for spare parts are we?

I kid but these days nothing is unstealable Im afraid. If they want something theres bound to be ways of them getting to it.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yer well i assume they cant just pop open the steering column and push a rod in like old cars.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Reminds me of Mr Bean as well... get a detachable steering wheel and carry it in a suit case.

haha in one of the sketches where he goes for a picnic someone gets into his car starts it and then realizes there is no steering wheel.

rocco555

Reaction score
Members Ride
E46 M3
decent alarm, immobiliser system and parking spots to keep the low end thieves from taking it is all you can do.

higher end thieves will just tow it away as quickly as they can... and instead of taking your old commodore, hopefully they'll snatch the beemer parked next to you.

a handy little hint that will cost you nothing... turn your wheels and lock them in place after you park. makes it a lot more painful for someone trying to hook your car up from the rear and tow it away (car won't travel straight coz wheels are fully turned).

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
To make the car un startable, Pull up the console, work out which switch is the park switch ( the one that stops you starting the car in D and cut it, Put a momentary switch in and everytime you start you just have to push it

Ben