Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how hard is it too pinch a vs series 2 without the key

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
y, ive seen plenty of alarms going off at shopping centre car parks and no one even looks.

And what action do you take against the person you see looting and pillaging the vehicle? None i bet, because i bet you never see the person still trying to steal the car.
Sure, they'll get whatever the owner was stupid enough to leave in the car but they obviously didn't take the car so the alarm saved a car from being quietly stolen and casually driven away.

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
Just take out the fuel pump relay, its easier and less obvious, if the thieve does decide to pop the hood.

No fuel = no broom

xD

But if they decided to pop the hood wouldnt it be just as easy to use another relay that is not needed to operate the car???

Shaundy

BMW Technician Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
This is what we have in our 1977 TE Cortine. In this particular vehicle, the handbrake sits directly in line wuth the auto selector. What we did was we got a piece of steel pipe that was just large enough in diamater to fit over the handbrake grip without being loose. We cut the pipe a bit longer that the grip and drillef a hole through it through which you put a padlock. Now you get a steel rod and weld a U-shaped piece of rod which is the right shape and size to fit around the auto selector shaft withoug being loose. you weld the other end of the rod to the pipe. Basically how it works is you put the selector in park and pull the handbrake on. Slip the pipe over the handbrake and slide it forward so that the 'U' on the end of the shaft pushes against the selector shaft. If you have drilled the hole in the right spot the padlock will prevent the assembly from being slid back over the handbrake grip. Basically what this does is locks the handbrake and gear selector against each other. Although the whole system relies on a padlock, you can buy locks that, when shut, leave very little cutable material exposed....plus if the thief has never seen one before he might be a little confused for a bit....I know I was when I first saw dad use it all those years ago

I know that Commodores don't have the grip in line with the selector but I reckon that with a bit of careful engineering you could make this work..

Oh and my apologies for the long post...

Kierab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 3.8L
yea on my old car it had a switch which switched off the fuel pump, pretty techy really, see as it was from 1986 =]

matty99dun

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
i was told a screw driver in the side of the handel and door panel is an easy way in, so i changed my door handel to one with out a key lock so now i have no locks just the remote central locking

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
now you dont have the deadlock feature :p

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
i was told a screw driver in the side of the handel and door panel is an easy way in, so i changed my door handel to one with out a key lock so now i have no locks just the remote central locking

ha ha ha and you cant get into your car if the battery dies ....

Spinb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
4 wires. One from the seat mount (earth) up the back of the seat, bare about 30cm and spread under the left side of the seat cover. Run another from the coil pack into the car and up the back of the seat. Do the same as the other wire but place on the right side of the seat. Make sure there is 5cm between them. When you leave the car place the wire onto the coil with the plug lead and pull the fuel pump relay. Do this to the other seat.
If you got this sort of kick in the ass would you try to start it twice?

Spin.

matty99dun

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
your dead lock feature is useless unless you turn the key in the lock, and how often do you do that i have never used it, and a coat hanger will always work if the battery goes dead, its better than some tool stealing your car, and bear in mind it only takes less than 1 min to get in the way i was shown.