Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How long did your brakes last ?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
MSE 4 disc rotors all below minimum thickness at 38,000km; pads all halfway through (measured the whole lot myself to confirm....and did indeed confirm!).
Driving style unaltered compared to other vehicles running Brembo/ventilate discs combo, but ALL the latter went 60-70,000km on pads and 100-110,000km on rotors (Fords, I will point out).
Approached dealership, and eventually Holden themselves, pointing out that in all my days of driving, racing, and servicing cars myself, I've never had rotors wear out at twice the rate of the pads. Dealership quoted $3400 to replace the lot (remember, two year old car at 38,000km mostly country driving (hardly any brake use)).
Holden declined warranty claim citing the old "consumable parts" chestnut. ACCC too difficult to engage, lawyers more expensive than its worth; decided to cop it up the Khyber Pass, but with zero respect for Holden thenceforth.
Anyone else's MSE fitted with Holden-issue compressed and dried peanut butter disc brake rotors?
That's unacceptable. Do we know who manufactures those rotors on MSEs?

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Replace them with DBAs. Have had a set of 4000 T3’s on mine since new, done 40,000 kms, several drag passes, couple track days, heaps of driving in the hills and they are still basically new.