Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How long to get used to no key???

SydneyGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SV6
I've had my VF II for almost a couple of months now and while I am used to using the Start button to start the car I almost always go to reach for a key on the right to turn the car off. 35 years of doing it that way makes it a hard habit to break! Does anybody else do this? How long did it take you to get used to not using a key to start/stop the car? Maybe if they had put the button on the right hand side it would feel a little more natural.

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
Probably about 2 weeks before I stopped. Then I just started throwing the keys into the little coin tray near the center armrest (or leave them in my pocket)

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
.. about 1 day for me.

I have the actual key tucked in the fob and leave that in my pocket
(car goes nuts if you put the key in the console or on the seat and then get out...)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
My Prado has push button start and it took me about 2 days. It doesn't even need a press of the button to lock or unlock it. You just touch the door handle to lock or unlock. But you must have the transponder on you, either holding it or in your pocket.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
im the same in the march.. it is 2nd nature now... but on the otherside of the coin, i hop into a non push button car and try push the non exsistant button haha

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
When my car is in for a service, holden will usually lend me the base model sv6.. And I'll continually go for the non-existent button too haha