Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How low should I go???

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Nice ride Slick6. I'm looking at having my car lowered another inch from what yours is sitting at now so that the rear tyre just sits inline with the guard.

Cheers for the advice

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
ruso said:
Any chance of a pic DeanoV6 so I can see how low the rear sits.
Cheers
here you go champ.

lovells low at front and lovells super low at rear, kyb shocks in rear, 4 point camber kit, and maloo front struts

Attachments

• deanovthist063ws.jpg
    deanovthist063ws.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 270
  • deanovthist106zw.jpg
    deanovthist106zw.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 208
  • deanovthist116cp.jpg
    deanovthist116cp.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 220

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Cheers DeanoVX. Looks good mate, I'm looking at going lower then that so that there's minimal gap between tyre and guard.

Cheers for the pics, atleast I've got a rough idea

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
ruso said:
Cheers DeanoVX. Looks good mate, I'm looking at going lower then that so that there's minimal gap between tyre and guard.

Cheers for the pics, atleast I've got a rough idea
You're gonna have to go with ultras if you want minimal gap, or compressed supers... I have supers on mine with 18 inch wheels.

3tl8.jpg

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Nice ride Prophet VX. How much did it set you back to have it lowered????

Cheers for the pic

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
ruso said:
Nice ride Prophet VX. How much did it set you back to have it lowered????

Cheers for the pic
I got all the gear cheap, $500 for springs and adjustable shocks from a member on another forum.
$250 for the camber kit.

Myself and a mate did job ourselves.

Took the car to pedders and got a wheel alignment for $60.

So $810 all up.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Prphet VX if you don't mind me asking, how easy/hard was it to install the suspension???

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
ruso said:
Prphet VX if you don't mind me asking, how easy/hard was it to install the suspension???
If you don't know what you're doing its not easy, the VX was definitely the most frustrating lowering job ive ever done as well.

Getting the rears out took me nearly a day.

If I had my time again, I'd probably fork out the $400 cash and pay someone to do it I had my car on stands for 3 days. If you don't know what you're doing it can be pretty dodgy, looking to see whether joints, or bushes need replacing.

If you put in a camber kit the wrong way you can collapse your CV joints or damage your diff as well.

If you like doing things yourself and got some mates with experience in doing it, then go for it, but if you're not confident leave it to guys who know what they're doing. It can be a very frustrating task even when you know what you're doing.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Sounds like a hard job. I think I'll pay the extra dosh and leave it to the pro's.

Thanks Neway.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Good News. My brother's mate is changing his 12month old suspension in his 02 vx calais cause it's too low as a family car. He's got Pedders (Ultra low) springs, and is giving them to me for a very, very, very good price. Also getting them installed by him and someone he knows who works for holden.

My concern is shockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been told not to waste my money on shockers because I don't need them even with ultra lows. I was told the springs cannot fall out because newer model commodores have a different part or rather, which holds them in.....unlike older models which needed shortened shocks. What do I do?????? Do I get shockers or keep my originals?????