Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many different colour interior combinations are there?

orinoko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina S2
Hey guys,
Ive got a 92 VP Berlina, that I've slowly been converting over to have a VS Statesman/VP Calais interior. Basically, VS Statesman dash, door cards centre console, with VP Calais seats.

Anyway, The old Berlina centre console and drivers side fuse cover is still in use attached to the VS Statesman dash. However, these components are a distinct grey green, whereas the VS Statesman glovebox, door vents and door cards are a distinct grey blue. So I went to Upullit and grabbed myself another grey blue centre console shroud (still need to get a centre console in good nick) and just installed it then, but as I was installing it I noticed the blue on this 'new' centre console shroud is a definitely light shade of blue than the rest of the VS Statesman dash components...

My question to you is, how many different shades of colours did Holden use in the VN-VS range? I thought it was like:

Tan
Brown
Mulberry
Grey blue
Grey green
Black

But I guess there are sub-shades here too? Unless there was an issue with the manufacturing process with mixing the colour dye with the plastic...

Thanks for any info you can get me!

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
There are heaps.....

VN: Grey, Smokey Beige, Palomino and Mulberry
VP: Beige, Eucalypt Grey and Steel Blue.
VR: Slate Grey, Coral Sands
VS: Slate Grey and Blue Graphite

Note on VP Series 2 majority interior parts such as lower dash and console are a slightly lighter shade while the upper 'crash pad' is still dark, creating a two-tone effect.

Last edited:

lepht93

Well, you're wrong.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
My VP has dark blue on top, light blue lower half and a black cluster surround Apparantly factory

orinoko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina S2
Hmm... thanks for the info. I might have Blue Graphite VS parts mixing with Steel Blue VP parts which would explain the differences in blue!

jw.pfitzner

Fitzy
Reaction score
Members Ride
6 Speed Gen III VX SS
why not just paint them your own colour? i cant decide what colour to do mine, i was thinkin orange and black but then i dunno haha theres so many colours

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
There are heaps.....

VN: Grey, Smokey Beige, Palomino and Mulberry
VP: Beige, Eucalypt Grey and Steel Blue.
VR: Slate Grey, Coral Sands
VS: Slate Grey and Blue Graphite

Note on VP Series 2 majority interior parts such as lower dash and console are a slightly lighter shade while the upper 'crash pad' is still dark, creating a two-tone effect.

Sorry for the dig but the blue interior colour names are playing on me...
Is the VP and VS dark blue the same and my two tone blue VS interior the lighter shade of blue has a green tinge to it, looks almost grey untill you put a standard grey next to it and then you can really see the colour difference.

My interior code is 251

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I have never seen a mulberry interior on a vn in the wreckers or car yards or even on cap point.. Is it rare to find that color?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
My mate had two tone paint pinky/brown and silver VN with a body kit, mulberry interior and it was the ugliest color combination I've seen on a VN!

Last edited:

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Sorry for the dig but the blue interior colour names are playing on me...
Is the VP and VS dark blue the same and my two tone blue VS interior the lighter shade of blue has a green tinge to it, looks almost grey untill you put a standard grey next to it and then you can really see the colour difference.

My interior code is 251

Not the same code though, (VP Steel blue is 23I) but the two are similar in appearance.

I have never seen a mulberry interior on a vn in the wreckers or car yards or even on cap point.. Is it rare to find that color?

Here's a picture of Mulberry. It's not a common colour, almost a very '80s colour :smoking:

Attachments

• Mulberry.jpg
    Mulberry.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,632

kory

xXHolden4LifeXx
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5 speed spak
hey mate you no your colours.lolplease help i own a vs spak ute.with a blue top dash(blue graphite going by what you say) and grey under dash(slate grey)i was wondering this would be the same for the spaks hey.i have put pics up.i really need some of the top colour but can not find it.probally because i did not no the name.thanks

Attachments

• Optimized-DSC01163.JPG
    Optimized-DSC01163.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 3,173
  • Optimized-DSC01524.JPG
    Optimized-DSC01524.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,431