Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many klm on ur vr vs commy motor

Dainus

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS-II
3rd owner VS II and it has 328000kms on it. Changed a water pump, temperature sensor, ignition module and thats it for the engine. I do my own services every 5-8000kms. It is just slightly starting to blow black smoke during hard revs but anything under 4000rpm and she just purrs along. No rust. No leaks (into the cabin or out of the engine). Gearbox had to be overhauled though at 260k. Hood lining dropped a few years ago and was replaced. Overall it is a great car. I have a brand new XR6 and I still prefer to drive my VS.

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
My VS Berlina S2 3.8 has done 206,000k. I bought it in early 2000 with 64,000k on it. Inlet manifold gaskets (they didn't need doing at the time but I changed them before they threw the towel in) at 180k and a water pump, radiator and heater tap all at around 150k. Also it has had 2 starter motors and an alternator. I change the oil every 6 months or 10k, whichever comes first. I use AC Delco 15w40. Currently, it uses approximately 250 mls of oil between changes. It doesn't blow smoke (that I know of) and I mix the driving between weekend freeway trips and short weekday trips.

C4L4IS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR '93 Calais
My VR calais clocked 429 thousand kms before my engine seized, shortly after the oil pump died. Had to do an engine swap and can really tell the difference of a fresh motor. Good learning curve for me too as an apprentice mechanic haha

Ctrl Alt Defeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Acclaim
I bought my vr acclaim at 65,000k's on the clock almost one year ago. It's at 79,000k's right now. No engine modifications as the engine is still running as brand new. The mileage is so low because the previous owner was a 75 year old lady who only took it to church and back. Runs amazingly! Only mods are aesthetic like phillips 100% lights and what not.

MaFaLu

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 Toyota Lexcen Newport (VR S2 Calais)
Vr commy serviced every 5k, did all the usual stuff, changed oil at the 240,000km service from castrol to shell oil and she spun a big end bearing 2000km later while idling in a mates driveway (I dont drive very hard at all) so im a bit suss because the motor ran great and was real quiet (no loud or rumbly bearings) and barely ever got redlined.

So in went an ecotec, currently its done 6000km in my car but previously had 150,000 on it, all the usual stuff .. valley gaskets, water pump, coil pack, leads, plugs etc to fix the new motor up. Runs great.

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
A shade under 420000 with my VR Series 2 and 3.6.

Since I've had it (from memory):
* 290000km.
* water pump (bearing was making noises) and thermostat (within the last 10,000km)
* alternator
* power steering pump
* shocks x 2 sets
* ignition module x 2
* custom alternator cable to battery (old one burnt out)
* belt tension pully
* harmonic balancer

Thats probably about it apart from normal brakes / pads etc...

96calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs calais series 1
211,000 on my vs series 2 clubsport. new water pump and that's it. oil filter every 5000. runs like a dream, plenty of power!!!!

Jack_vs_BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs BT1
I blew one eco up at 212,000 put a replacement engine that had 180,000 that one made it to 196,000 then I killed it and just put another in it with 190,000 on it smooth sailing for me :/

Maxmadmat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Wagon 3.8 & VS Sedan Manual 3.8
My VR wagon blew last week (Cylinder head, rest of motor to tired to bother with fixing) at 250,000 but had been neglected by previous owner, now got a well serviced replacement also with around 190,000 on it.