Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Many Kms Will Motor Last

Pookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Just wondering if anyone has heard how long they think the SV6 motor will last if looked after

Looking at a SV6 with just under 100000kms on it and not sure about the amount of kms on it

Cheers

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
those amount of km's are not high at all. one would think if looked after should get atleast 300,000kms from it.

my ls1 has 215,000km's never misses a beat, never uses oil, plugs always come out clean. it carries around 400kg in the back of tools most days. worst i had go wrong is the dam auto

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Depends on: how often it was serviced
how well it was serviced
Oils used
how it was driven, coniditons it was driven in etc.

So there is no definite answer. Enjoy

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
funniest thing to do is when you get into a taxi ask how many clicks they have.
got into a ford ba executive taxi the other day with just over 900,000.
now thats mileage....

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Depends on how its driven, most people wont touch a Commodore close to or past 300,000km

But.. Ive had a (my mothers then given to me) 120Y Coupe click back to 000,000 twice, once when we first got it and again when we owned it. Also had a TRX with a L20B in it got over 1,000,000km and go back to zero only a few years ago.

Without hard accelerating and frequent servicing I cant see why a SV6 cant do the same.

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Wow, 1,000,000km is a massive lifespan. And 900,000 isn't exactly to be frowned upon, depending however that the engine has not been changed or overhauled and the clock not wound back. I think the other reason taxis may have long engine lives is because they are running all the time.

dale762308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V Series LPG
Just got rid of my 2006 VE, (bought another one) 230,000kms on LPG and never missed a beat.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
The motor is not normally the problem it is everything else that surrounds the engine that wears out ie, starter motor, water pump, alternater, and so on all the other bits, the oil is the blood of the engine , but then there is the unforseen and just plain bad luck