Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spark Plugs and Coils Replacement on VE II...how Much?

symean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Waiting on some quotes to get all spark plugs and coils replaced on a VE II SV6 with just over 100,000 kms on it, got a check engine cleared a few months ago after it reported cylinder misfire, nothing obviously wrong so they suggested this may be necessary soon. Just got the CE light again. Wondering if anyone has an idea of price so I know if I'm being taken for a ride. Have asked a Holden service centre and Bridgestone Select for quotes. Cheers :)

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
If you have a mechanical mate you may be able to do it together.
Correct plugs MUST be used hence the price. They are not cheap but are good for 100,000 kilometres.

symean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
If you have a mechanical mate you may be able to do it together.
Correct plugs MUST be used hence the price. They are not cheap but are good for 100,000 kilometres.
I don't, and the job looks beyond my skills! Funnily enough the Holden service centre was the only one to not get back to me at all.

I'm going to get the code checked anyway, maybe it's me getting old but I don't like just being told what a problem is that I don't understand, and what it will cost to hopefully fix it. I'd like to at least see for myself what the car says is wrong :)

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
FWIW the plugs in these cars do need to be changed at 100,000 K.
Do you have the books with your car?
If you do they will tell you that and plenty more useful information.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Depends on what coils they are quoting to use. If they are aftermarket parts, and I would bet they are then I would be hoping to see quotes at half what you have been quoted.
The coils and plugs should be able to be swapped without removing the manifold so the whole job can be done in under an hour.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong??

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
And if you can still buy gen coils then don't go AM. The factory coils are far better than what can be bought from Repco and Burson.