Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many k's to a tank?

S

SV-3800

My dad's SV gets 550km's to a full tank and my V6 dunno yet i need a starter motor lol

DanoVPSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 SII
Mine's an ex-cop, and came with the 80-litre tank. I am having those startup probs(refer thread VP starting problems, here ), but I get 500, but never let it drop below the last long index mark on the fuel guage... so I reckon I'd get well over 600.

I do run BP Ultimate only though.

Dan

pacey

I'm Back
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII 2000 Commodre Exec.
About 1000k's lol.. Just jokes.. About 500km each from both Gas and Petrol. This is on average though, once I got from Goulburn to Port Macquarie (via sydney traffic) which is about 600km,on a full tank of petrol. Done this trip once on gas..refilled three times. Gas is no good for the heavy footed :)

jem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp Berlina
best eva was 670km to a tank. But I let it get real low and i have the trip computer so it shows you fuel remaining in L.

Typical around town 14-16 L / 100km
highway 8.5-10 L / 100 km

I do find I get much better economy after an oil change and gradually get worse.

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Hmm..

I just got back from buying my first car - a 1990 VN Vacationer. I filled it up in Canberra, where I bought it, and it was still just under half full when i got home ~350 km later! This was mostly highway, but needless to say, I'm very Happy! 500 club, here I come!! :king:

natesmen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesmen Series 2
i get 400 roughly with n 80 litre tank :( sumfin doesnt like me

toughvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
some of use are lucky in getting heaps of kays outta ya tanks
i filled up the other day on premuim and only got 220 kays im lucky
to get 80 kays outta $20 costs me to much to run but it moves like a rocket though

P

projectaero

Hey hows it going,
I have a diff ratio of 3:9 on my vn calais v8 and it only gets roughly 250-300k round town is that real bad ?? and is it cause of the diff ?

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
in the VN S-pack manaul (63L i think... supposed to be 60L, but i can squeeze a few more in there) i did just over 600km on a tank. Most of this was freeway driving, but i did about 50km in the city as well, so i wouldve burnt a bit. Overall i would say thats pretty good though