Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many kws does ur vl have?

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
took it in for a dyno tune, the sheet says 122.6kw at wheels, but as far as i know it's stock. odd for a non-turbo six i thought

Bubbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
well i dont know but would like to know. can anyone give me a guestament on kw.
its a 6 walker 2 1/2 inch exhaust & extractors
dont know what has been done to the engine but a mate has a vl with xf throttle bodie extractors and pod filter and cold air intack, and mine will easyily beat his. but any help will be appriciated

i_want_kw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL to VS
pulling the dash apart is easy once u've done it about 3,000 times lol.
i reckn i'd know where every screw is... my mate watches in amazement

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
122rwkw is quite amazing if your reading it right considering they came out stock with 114kw at the engine.

I pumped out 120rwhp or thereabouts when it was n/a- just excuse and filter.

I got a result when I did the turbo conversion, but it said 130rwhp. And I honestly didn't believe it.

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
i dunno i recon i've got about 170rwkw's(estimated). VLT berlina running 13psi, cooler and exhaust. 5 speed man, rest of car is basically stock. i wouldn't try to get any more outta my car till i upgrade the fuel system and turbo.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
few bits better than stock looking at 150-160. much less when running LPG (which is all i can afford lately.....) nearly 300 000 on the clock.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
std vl 6 cyl runs 114kw, turbo runs 150kw and V8 runs 132kw. Mine is std with cold air induction, k&n filter, pacemakers, hi-flow cat and sports exhaust and putting stage 2 chip in next week. i estimate my kw's to be more than a std v8 but not as high as a turbo... yet. A bloke at uni-chip also told me all vl's run different kw's. even if the same bloke made it on the same day with the same batch of bits. i do like the idea of removing the mesh, no real point for it. it doesn't filter squat unless you run a pod filter or ram flow that falls apart and sucks into the intake.

U

UNR8D

mine is stock and it will leave my dads 2004 ford AU and they have i think 168kw

unless its XR6 or Fairmont Ghia they are 158kw, and even then unless you have a Turbo NO stock VL N/A would hold one off.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
std vl 6 cyl runs 114kw, turbo runs 150kw and V8 runs 132kw. Mine is std

Is that a stock turbo readout? im certain the V8 pumped more than the turbo from factory....(but i cant back with with perfect numbers so laugh)

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
....sorry was thinking of torque. disregard last post...