Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many liters to the 100kms

ICP-19Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so hopefully I'm posting this in the right section.
I have a 2005 VZ Calais V6 that I bought around 1 1/2-2 years ago. Its the alloytech motor and coming up to 130,000klms. The only thing I've done to it is had it lowed 1" by Pedders suspension penrith.

The problem I'm having since I bought the car is that around town it sits on 13-13.5L per 100kms. What can I do to improve this?
I don't trash the car (ok sometimes I do.. I'm only human lol)
Is there any upgrades I can do or something??

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and reply back to this.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so hopefully I'm posting this in the right section.
I have a 2005 VZ Calais V6 that I bought around 1 1/2-2 years ago. Its the alloytech motor and coming up to 130,000klms. The only thing I've done to it is had it lowed 1" by Pedders suspension penrith.

The problem I'm having since I bought the car is that around town it sits on 13-13.5L per 100kms. What can I do to improve this?
I don't trash the car (ok sometimes I do.. I'm only human lol)
Is there any upgrades I can do or something??

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and reply back to this.

ive personally found the vz 6 chews the juice more than the vx 6 I had. also I service 2 vz and they use oil between services mine has only done 95000km so its not a high milage car

ICP-19Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
ive personally found the vz 6 chews the juice more than the vx 6 I had. also I service 2 vz and they use oil between services mine has only done 95000km so its not a high milage car

I haven't noticed it use oil but I get my mechanic to do all the services. I have noticed that the last 2 services he did it had way to much oil I had to take some out. The guy next door has a VE Wagon V6 I'm sure it's has the same motor and his getting 11.2L to the 100 around town. Don't wagons weigh more?? It's doing my head in.

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Could it just be where you're driving? If it's the suburbs, your mileage will go up. If it's freeway driving, and its at 13L/100, then there's something up with your engine.

ICP-19Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
I've only had it a 1 long trip that was to the snow last year and I got it down to 6.8L/100 I was over the moon with it. Around town 13L/100 and the few people I talk to around here tell me that they are getting around 10-11.5L/100.

By the sound of it, it looks like I'm just going to have to put up with it I think.

Nicks VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Hi, Could try this: worked for me :)

Before: Avg speed around town 33 klm, Fuel 12.4 l/100 klm
After: Avg speed 33 klm, Fuel 10.7 l/100klm

1. Run car till nearly empty, fill up with chosen grade of fuel, but don't keep changing fuel grades though ( I use 95 ron )
2. Disconnect negative battery terminal ( overnight or min 2 hours )
3. Change Air filter
4. Clean Mass Air Flow sensor ( with MAF cleaner only )
5. Clean throttle body
6. Reconnect negative battery terminal
7. Take for a gentle drive ( it may sound a bit rough at first, the ECM is adapting to your new cleaned out set up )

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I've only had it a 1 long trip that was to the snow last year and I got it down to 6.8L/100 I was over the moon with it. Around town 13L/100 and the few people I talk to around here tell me that they are getting around 10-11.5L/100.

They're probably lying in all honesty. Never ever trust the trip computer with its stupid xxL/100km - it's never correct anyway.

ICP-19Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
NICKS VZ

Thanks mate, sounds good I'll give that a go on the weekend. I'll let you know how I go.
Cheers

ICP-19Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
Hey mate,
I did the clean out on Saturday at first I took the car down the M4 and. Enforce I got to Parra it was down to 8.8L/100kms. I've been driving it around town a lot heaps of traffic lights and stop starts the car is sitting on 11.4L/100kms which is a lot better than the 13-13.2L/100kms that I was getting out of the car. I'll keep my eye on how many kms I get out of a tank over the next 4weeks, I use to get 380kms hopefully I can push the 500kms.
Thanks for the help mate. Big thumbs up. :))

Nicks VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Glad it worked for you, traffic is baad enough anyway without drinking extra fuel. What ron fuel did you use just for info ?