Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many people r 16 or younger???!!!

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
did and am... :(

That's why I wish I'd been more mechanically savvy BEFORE I killed the VK... Learnt more fixing my stuff ups than anything else... Have now had experience changing more than 6 gearboxes, both trimatics and manuals, diffs, at least 5 engines, both 6'es and 8's.. heaps of carbie changes, adjusting mixtures, suspension mods etc... but hard lessons after your favourite car is gone! *shrug*

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
12Voltking said:
get a job and see what can happen!
i must be in the wrong area, i cant even afford fuel on a teusday :p

i seriously need a new job :(

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Im 18 now, bought my VS when i was 16 (2 months from being 17), so say i got it at 17. I borrowed money off mum and dad (which i have repaid allready) So i own my car, just purchased some new 18" wheels aswell, i worked my ass off for this stuff, now im 18 im thinking about getting a $5000 loan to start playing around with on my car, call me stupid but i dont care, $5000 wont take long to repay.

aperfectcircle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute 04 VYIISS 5.7 M6
Saved up and got a loan out.
Got my self a new SS ute at 20, it's now 2 years old and payed off.
Only done 16000+km.

Glad I got it, but if I could do things different.
I would get a base package V8 and throw the extra cash at it driving performance:driving: .

But I do like the creature comforts.

W

workedVK

my "inexpensive" ride

Story so far:
Spent 2005 on a trainee wage slaving away in an office.
- bought an '84 VK berly for $500
- slowly customised everything to my liking, changing everything
- saved and built my sound system
- lowered it
- And then came registration and RWC which It passed easier than I thought

I got my P's yesterday, and driving my pride and joy was grouse :w00t:
Gotta admit it wasn't easy, all the weekends working, not buyin grog, taking lunch from home all the time.... and I did it without any loans / credit / parental assistance.

Good luck to all of those with "trust accounts" :clapping: and 2fast2furious said before..... When they drive past you can literally see daddy's signature on the car. Sh*ts me :bang:

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
it's annoying alright, many don't appreciate it because didn't work for it. But still, people have luck, I don't begrudge them it.. *shrug* Some have it easy, others have to do it the Aussie way... :p

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
Morgasshk said:
it's annoying alright, many don't appreciate it because didn't work for it. But still, people have luck, I don't begrudge them it.. *shrug* Some have it easy, others have to do it the Aussie way... :p

Damm straight, but you gotta admit it sux when they get REALLY ****y about it, that just gives people like them a really bad name.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
I'm 18...
I've gone through 4 cars since I started at 16...
F**D Falcon 87 XF S-pak S/Wagon Sold $400 with $700 sterio system. Broke head.
91 VN Commo, bought for $900, was lemon, sold for $1500
F**D Falcon 91 EB S/wagon, Bought for $2200, broke head, sold $4100
Another Falcon 91 EB S/wagon that I currently have (registered next week, cost 1200, RWD 600, selling $4200)
83 Gemini coming soon, hoping to spend no more than $2000
Brother's VX S'pac that I use to pick up chicks for the night :D.

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
Interesting that a lot not only say how old they are, but also when they turn another year older.

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
im 16 now, (and still the starter of this thread). I started saving when i was 13, working 4 jobs: stablehand, paperboy on a pushy, pizza hut and target (not all at once, in that order) i worked really long hours, finally reaching my goal of $4000(took me long enough with the crap pay) when i was almost 16. I went out and bought myself the car i had wanted for years, a vr commodore. My years of hard work felt like it was well worth it when i got my car home for the first time and gave it a damn good clean.
Now i definately felt my years of work was worth it..... untill my mate tells me his dad just orderd him a brand new f***ing SSz. I was so annoyed that people like him can just get their cars like this, and this guy had never even bothered thinking about getting a paid job, and he wouldnt even feed the cat for his mother. Let alone give his own car a wash. UNGRATEFUL LITTLE S***.
Even though his car remains gathering dirt i am still satisfied with cleaning my beast every second day