Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many purple vx ss's were made?

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE
as the title states i was wondering if anyone knows how many purple haze (vy purple colour) vx ss were made???
cheers

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
as the title states i was wondering if anyone knows how many purple haze (vy purple colour) vx ss were made???
cheers

Not seen this info published anywere. But I'd say very few.

I have a document on the colours of the 2004 GTO's to America at home - they had purple haze in the colour range too.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Not the VY SS you were after. But of the 15,728 GTO's shipped to the USA in 2004, 700 were Cosmo Purple = 4.45%. 366 Manual & 334 Auto.

So a Purple VX SS would be rare beast I'd say.

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Talking about purple stuff I saw a VT/X ex cadbury wagon the other day. Bet not many people have one of those :)

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I have to say I don't think I have ever seen a purple vx? SS of otherwise, of course now you have asked the question i will probably drive down the street and see heaps. But at the moment am wondering if they made them in purple in vx? My gut is saying that was a colour for vy or vz? Got me very curious now. We need an insider from Holden with access to their database!

Sir VxSs

Its gotta B a GenIII !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss II 6SpD
may be mistaken but a while ago there was a guy selling a vx on boostcruising.com it was the phantom purple i think your on about! cant remember if it was a ss but he did put a figure down on how much were made really cant remember somethinglike 11 or smthing tripped me out whe i saw it!

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
the 'haze' purple vx ss's we're for testing public reaction to the colour. it was either 6 or 12 made, just like the vx s's made in devil yellow, i'm pretty sure there was only 6 made. if i found one in manual i would jump on it so quick.

Umai Naa!!

R.I.P APY-88V :(
Reaction score
Website
www.aus12.org
Members Ride
VR S1 Exec. A4 3.8L
I've heard of a few Cosmo (VY purple) VXs, and have seen one Devil Yellow one, and one Hothouse Green VU ute.

I've seen a couple of Purple Haze VXs pop up on eBay too.

Typically, the hero colours demand a slightly higher re-sale value, but even higher, when it's on an out-going model, like Tiger Mica on Series 3 VS utes.

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE

well i went and looked at 1 yesterday thats for sale, vx ss looks good in the purple but asking to much for something that needs some work to get it back up to scratch, ne way the guy selling said there was only 10 made