Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many sub can i run of this amp

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
seriously, id you're smart and set your gains right it shouldnt matter. The jaycar would be best for around that price range, or oyu could get something a little deared, like the alpine m605

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
From what you've said, i'm going to second the recommendation that you go with an amp from Jaycar. They're "response" amps. There's a variety of them with different power output, have a look on the Jaycar site and find one that puts out the closest to 600wrms at 2 ohms. You shouldn't have any trouble finding one around your $500 mark there. Best of luck, give a shout if there's anything else, cheers, Bryce.

jvys

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 03 holden commo
do u guys think its worth having to 2 15''s or just a waste of money

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
It depends. You probably wont notice a huge amount of better or louder bass by adding another 15. Maybe you would be better off buying a different, better sub and selling your old one??

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
What semi said x2.
Also.
Is your current sub in the optimum enclosure? Getting the most out of what you have is the best option to start with. Most 15" subs need large enclosures, two need twice as much. How much space do you have available? How big is your current enclosure? Is it sealed or ported? If its ported, what frequency is it tuned to?

That pioneer amp is not really suited either. Only 250wrms at 4ohms, not 1ohm stable. Should be ok for daily listening, but if you push it to hard it may clip. This is bad for the sub, it can let the smoke out!

I'd make sure the enclosure is the best i can make it, before anything else.