Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much did you pay for your last service?

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I'm actually looking at pricing myself aswell.

My car is at 169,400km at the moment, apparently 165,000km is a major service, 172,000km is 'minor' & 180,000km is major service, prices are $280, $110, $380 respectively from Holden.

I continually receive a 'Service at 170,000km' flash on my dash.

I have only just got this car within a week, the book was a replacement and has no service logs at all, so i cannot confirm when the last service was actually done.

Not sure if i should 'assume' the service at 165,000km was done and just get the 172,000km minor service or just get the 165,000km service done? I'm thinking for $170 more, it might give me a bit more piece of mind considering more is done on the 165,000km service than 172,000km.

Any input?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
If the Service at 170,000km message is still there it is anybody's guess if it actually was serviced, or the message was not reset by the Techie (or whoever else did the service), which is routine. I'd be earnestly ferreting around / making enquiries for some sort of service record for the car; it is strange to learn that the service book you have is a "replacement". There could be any meaning in that. Suggest booking the chariot in for 172,000km service and look-over and see how things go from there with regular service intervals following.

zedda

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz exe.
135k minor service @$120.00 o.k. price, crap job! Oil & filter change, balance & rotate tyres.
Didn't change oil filter! Tyre nuts torqued up to at least 180 nm. Had to stand & jump on brace bar to get them undone!
They will not see my car again. :mad:

T

tommySV6Ute

Was told a story about Metro Holden Adelaide today, young lady getting her vehicle serviced there, the set log book service was carried out yet the bill ended up being more than double the 'set price' for the service.

Seems they listed the oil filter, oil, plugs etc as 'extra requirements' and charged her for it.

When queried about it the mechanic pretty much said to piss off or he'll get the manager. So the friend of the lady took him up on the offer and after a chat she was reimbursed the money charged above the 'fixed price'

She no longer plans on going to Metro Holden Adelaide for a service...

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
worried about a commodore service. major service on the daughters subaru is around $1200.00. they tried to charge her $100 for blended sythetic oil, she went off her nut and told them it was around $50 for that crap and full synthetic was only $80.00, the smart arse serviceman told her if she could buy oil that cheap and show the receipt he would give her 20% discount on her service. she walked down to supercheap and bought it back. $63.00. didnt tell him she works there so gets a good discount. slimy little service managers.

poweredbycng

Reaction score
Ended up booking the car in for a service at our LPG fitter. $120 for an oil service (Penrite HPR 10w60 oil, new oil filter, new air filter), 30min labour to put new plugs in + $38 for new manifold gasket, and $90 for the annual LPG service. Sounds reasonable to me.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
that sounds good to me. just got our vt done today, yes im too lazy, $135 including oil, filter and put in plugs supplied by us.
charmhaven auto electrical and mechanical in ohart close. great people.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
MY daughter had her VE V6 serviced at 75k through Ultratune for $240. The 90k service would have cost over $330 at Ultratune and over $480 at the local dealer. It's not much more than an oil filter, oil and air filter change and the usual check for loose and damaged parts, worn pads etc. The scheduled time allowance for the service is 1.7 hours.

Frankly, I think both Ultratune and the dealer are excessive for the work involved, although the dealership charge is highway robbery. Her car will now be serviced by me and the last 10k's of her warranty are bye-bye. If it was me, I would have preserved the last bit of the factory warranty and had the car serviced by Ultratune, even though the cost is a bit much, but she doesn't quite see things the way I do.