Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much did you pay for your last service?

Drewsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
I have a VZ SV6 and pay between $120-$150 for a service. Used to goto a dealer and it was $250-$650. Very happy with local Mechanic. Took a long time to find a decent mechanic though, they are few and far between.

VZStorm3793

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Storm
Price sounds about right!! Remember that you get ripped with nearly everything you buy these days, so why would mechanics be any different.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
Get it done at ultra tune
Fully synth oil and get ya injectors cleaned
Did wonders to my car

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
When I bought my VY, ex Government car it had balance of new car warranty still on it. Pay hundreds of bucks for dealers or mechanics to change my oil, charge me for a filter that is probably not changed? I don't think so! I voided my warranty and have self serviced it myself since I got it, and that is over servicing too, 7,000k oil changes, etc, etc, etc. IMO they can stick their warranties up their arse, rip off pricks.
It is hard to find a good, honest mechanic these days, so if someone would rather pay for services and they have found a "good" mechanic, then stick with them, you are lucky.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
ive said it before and i'll say it again... you pay for what you get. If you want to pay $100 for a shitty service where all they change is the oil, cuz they cant get the oil filter out then go for it.. I speak from experience here too, i paid for the $100 minor service and thats all they did.. They also checked the brakes too, but forgot to tighten a few wheel nuts up... I'll happily pay a few extra bucks for a quality job.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Best services i got were from Eagers Holden Gympie Rd in Aspley and Tony Ireland Holden Duckworth Street In Townsville. I paid $250 (sometimes more sometimes less) at both places and got everything done. including hanbrake adjustment, emissions testing, fault code checking, greased door jams and hinges, cleaned and vacuumed (once even minor detailed) windscreen wipers replaced free of charge, lights checked and fixed free of charge, every bolt on the car got checked for taughtness, tow ball even got tightned once. Windows cleaned. Even to the point of my washer bottle being emptied, cleaned and refilled with decent window stuff.

Tony Ireland even brought the car to the front door so i didnt have to walk out to the car park in the blistering heat. When i got my clutch chaned over, i took it to tony Ireland as i new i could trust them, while it was in and waiting for the clutch to arrive they did a wheel rotation, checked the exhaust and changeds the diff oil, the mechanic called me and asked me if it was okay, he wanted to train his apprentice without having to rush him on a service. at the dealerships expense.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
Best services i got were from Eagers Holden Gympie Rd in Aspley )

dont you mean zupps? eagers are at windsor and newstead. as for zupps what did you do? pay THEM to do it properly? i wouldnt take my lawnmower there.