Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much is it to lower a car?

simmo 76

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VS ACCLAIM
ive got a vs with lowered springs, should i have done more and what will be the outcome if i dont.

p.s when i went and got it done they didnt say i had to get anything else dont to it, why do you think this is, that is if i have to get anything else done? I would of paid to do so..

B

Butters

hakhawk said:
it is safe to lower the rear 30mm and not use shorter socks on either vn-vs, because its not a big enough drop to fall out. any lower and then you need shorter shocks. i have mine on kings lows now, and its been fine, im putting superlows in in a couple weeks and im getting short shocks for rear.

cheers, thanks for the reply. When I get mine done, I think ill go the new shokies anyway, its not too much more.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
no problem, yeh, you might as well go new, unless original ones have been replaced, it would be a better time than any.

B

Butters

well, i just figure, suspension is pretty important and a good system would help the ol VNs handling a lot, so I wanna go all out on it :D thats just me tho

RagingDemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Commodore VX Acclaim
I got my car lowered at pedders supension in southport, i got it as low as legally possible, it cost about $450 but would have been less cause i paid for it using Certegy Ezipay finance, but its roughly like $400 for all four springs, all i had to do was make a quater % deposit then i just pay ezipay $20 a week, i only waited like an hour or so for the them to lower it.

now my car looks sick and feels so much more solid when i take corners, doesnt feel like its tipping over to one side

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I got my car lowered at pedders supension in southport, i got it as low as legally possible, it cost about $450 but would have been less cause i paid for it using Certegy Ezipay finance, but its roughly like $400 for all four springs, all i had to do was make a quater % deposit then i just pay ezipay $20 a week, i only waited like an hour or so for the them to lower it.

now my car looks sick and feels so much more solid when i take corners, doesnt feel like its tipping over to one side

Did you have them install a flux capacitor aswell?

BTW doing 88mph is illegal, tsk tsk.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
BTW doing 88mph is illegal, tsk tsk.

Not if you're in a fully hekkaz skyrine...if the cops pulled you over they'd just high 5 you when they saw ur sweet triple rat-tail