Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much power does my 2010 ve commodore series 2 sv6 ute have at the wheels???

brewy97

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 series 2
hey guys I've got a 2010 sv6 series 2 ute and i haven't done any performance mods yet and i was wondering what it has at the wheels, I've been told it has 170kw at the fly but it hasn't been on the dyno yet. and it is auto unfortunately. i have also lowered it on sssl king springs if anyone knows what the sssl means please let me know !!!

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Maybe 155/160 at the wheels...deduct 25% from fly wheel quoted power figure roughly.

Think their super low springs front and ultra low rear if sssl all round? but some of the blokes who have similar may confirm or you can check the part number and verify rating on king springs website.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
I thought it was closer to 30-33% for an auto and rear wheel drive. Manual rear wheel drive 25-27%.

And then front wheel drive around 20%?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Mopar badge adds more, even on a Commy Lol.

Lots of variables and differs greatly from one car to another obviously. But I read somewhere in a recent article that a typical modern 6 speed auto consumes about 21-22% on average, and manuals around 17-18%.Older auto's could be as high as 40%. Apparently the diff in the Commodores is better in terms of power consumption than some other modern applications also due to the position of the pinion to the crownwheel?
Clearly weight, transmission and diff ratios, and other variables all play their part in on road performance. But I would have thought if the auto was any where near 30-33% power loss, compared to the manual at say 25-27%, then a VF SS manual would absolutely destroy an auto one. Particularly given the auto is 10kW and 13Nm less. In reality though they are very evenly matched.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
God people stop quoting percentages.

Dyno figures are poo. Heat, humidity, engine health, dyno type, dyno health, dyno calibration, dyno operator, gear, wheel size, strapping, fuel, RR. ****, even the phase of the moon and stars aligning would probably effect it.

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
+1, stuff peak hp/tq numbers. Greater Area under the curve is where the fun is

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah ok good advice Lads! BTW you forgot to mention your neighbor is in the final menstrual cycle phase. That'll drop your peak RWK every time.
Lets all get a measuring stick too and mark out the area between base and the apex of that curve too hey. Then we could measure the drag strip with a string line, drop a white flag and count: one one thousand, two one thousand...
Oh, but wait, that greater area under your curve, what if it's mainly above 5,000rpm, assuming you bother with tacho's. Car goes like **** down low, slow times, (Head scratch?), and it's an auto too so greater power loss...circular reference.
This thread too theoretical for you boys? That's about 100% of my response,+/-1. Lol

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
go CUDA lol...

bloke asked what power he "might" be making at the wheels,I answered with a guesstimate so no biggie,go get a dyno reading..or don't.I actually don't get the mild modding of a V6 personally but each to their own.

And the first thing I think when I see a thread like this for a 6 is buy a V8..not everyone can or wants to....