Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much psi is safe to run on a Na ecotec

vn2low

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s1 v6
Yeah it was The injectors that was holding it back it leaned out anything over 5000rpm and I'll load some pics of the Dyno sheets acarmody for ya

vn2low

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s1 v6
And no just a stock v6 supercharged gearbox with 4.11 different gears and how do I upload pictures

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
IMO for boosted ecotec don't run anything smaller than factory supercharged injectors(36lbs). Stock NA ecotec injectors will never be enough, they are like 17lbs).

Max boost on all stock internals i wouldn't go pushing more than 10psi. Yes it will run higher psi, but it wont for long. And the more boost the shorter it's life.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
IMO for boosted ecotec don't run anything smaller than factory supercharged injectors(36lbs). Stock NA ecotec injectors will never be enough, they are like 17lbs).

Max boost on all stock internals i wouldn't go pushing more than 10psi. Yes it will run higher psi, but it wont for long. And the more boost the shorter it's life.

Sorry VY I disagree. I have 17 PSI on stock internals for 2 years now.

It's all in how and where you deliver that boost .

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
No Secret to it really. Control your detonation. Either intercooler or water meth injection work.

Upgrade your fuel pump. Use a walbro 450LPH in tank.

Your tuner needs to know his ****.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I've done 18psi/ 300rwkw on a stock ecotec with only upgraded valve springs. It's living the dream still no worries

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Things have come a long way in the last few years.

What was thought to be dangerous 5 to 6 years ago is now the lower limit of these things.

So many getting around with 18 to 22PSI, it not funny.

As long as it has a good fuel delivery system and a decent intercooler and your tuner is not greedy or just plain stupid, you can run decent figures all day long.
How you treat it and servicing is also a big factor in keeping the engine happy.