Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How NOT to ship a vehicle part (or any part)!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I find it hard to answer that question... so therefore bubble-wrap should never be used because it doesn't stop a tank from squashing it?
FFS.
Hmmm, not a tricky question.
So, if it arrived squashed and wrapped in bubble wrap you would be happy?

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
I have one simple point - it should have been packed better. You can agree or disagree - your choice.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Time to name and shame, no use waiting to hear back from the seller. I believe I'm speaking for the masses. It's been too long since we've had a good Public Rebuking.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
IMHO I think when it's a gen part, the box should also be protected. I keep all my gen packaging. One, if I ever need to sell a part I have it all original, and two if I ever need another I have the part number and don't have to try to figure out what that part number is when Holden don't just handover that info unless you intend to buy it from them.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
It's been too long since we've had a good Public Rebuking.
LOL, :D. I keep the part numbers too.

But i wasn't complaining re the squashed box. The box was squashed and the part was rolling around in the bag because...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah that is pretty ordinary. I buy $25 oil filter, and it comes in a carton three times the size it needs. They then use crushed packing paper so it doesn't move around inside the carton. Your part was worth a lot more than $25 so that is pretty "how ya going".

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Time to name and shame, no use waiting to hear back from the seller
They've got another 24 hrs to get back to me. If no response or the response is an eff you, then I just won't deal with them again and they get Neg feedback. On its own, my feedback won't change anything - but it's one more customer that won't deal with them. I'm not looking for them to bow down to me and plead forgiveness! I just want them to understand it's not good enough. If they take it with a grain of salt then that's their loss of opportunity run a better business. If it were my business (and I've run a few businesses) - i'd be finding out why this occurred and fix it. Customers can be a PITA, but they ARE your business. Even tiny home-based operations realise this.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
IMHO I think when it's a gen part, the box should also be protected. I keep all my gen packaging. One, if I ever need to sell a part I have it all original, and two if I ever need another I have the part number and don't have to try to figure out what that part number is when Holden don't just handover that info unless you intend to buy it from them.
you keep all of the packaging?!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
you keep all of the packaging?!
Mostly yeah, anything with a part # I tend to keep. It's surprising how much money you can save if you have a part # and are not relying on a description or car model when seeking out the best deals.