Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How secure are our VEs?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Thought as much.

I know the security system and seriously doubt someone can just come along and drive away in 30 seconds.

First you have to get past the mechanical lock or the remote/immobiliser then the key transponder.

I can get into a VE with no keys and drive it away but I work for holden and have access to the tools and information needed.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
That's a bit disturbing...I'm gonna lock my dog in it :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Cant be stolen without keys unless they drag it onto a flatbed.

Negative result of this is they break into your house to get your keys :/

you would think by now nearly impossible but its not its still easy as hell

I think it's fair to say that whilst not impossible, it's way past your average joy rider or low life wanting a car to get home from the station with. Unfortunately if a professional thief wants it then your car is probably gorn. It's not something I ever worry about, that's what insurance is for.

Reaper

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
lol.... i'd end up with a salaiva flooded inderior. I treated my seats the other day at the carwash..... the dog hasn't been in since. lol

Security wise..... i presume that it would be hard considering that keys need to be programmed accordingly in order for the car to start....much like a digital pass code. Breaking IN on the other hand isn't hard.... just break the ####en window. :D

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
HAHAHAH man... you keep the dog under the tonneau cover? LOL. I often wondered how that would go down....

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
HAHAHAH man... you keep the dog under the tonneau cover? LOL. I often wondered how that would go down....

Ixnay on the og-abuse-day! You'll have the RSPCA knocking on my door!

The standard tonneau rolls up and fits behind the seats so the dog isn't trapped under it. I think he'd eat me if I tried to put him under it.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
That's a bit disturbing...I'm gonna lock my dog in it :)

Either that or an ideal solution would be to have 3 CIA and 3 FBI agents watching over the car at all times whilst your away... then again this isn't a perfect world where we live in... As I don't have a dog a cat would be no better either.

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
i wonder if anyone knows of any statistics on how many VEs are being stolen without the keys?