Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How stupid can people get?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Jared91, Feb 6, 2009.

1. vlv8vic

vlv8vic <---Brad Quaid = internet stalker

Members Ride:
    M5

Doesn't work that way in most primary schools. Also if a letter is sent with the kid it won't make it home. If the little truant is clever enough to skip a day then he's also clever enough to keep an eye out for a letter from the school in the mail or write himself a note signed "mummy" explaining his absence.

2. Cobez

Cobez LS-EXUAL

Members Ride:
    2004 S2 VY SS Ute
    I still don't understand how a 9 year old is smart enough to skip school and get away with it? What the hell does a 9 year old do whilst skipping school and where does he or she go? If he or she skipped school by itself where would it hang?

Hard for me to believe, but then again, it's been 14 years since i finished primary school. Kids attitudes and ways of life have changed alot since then. Back when i was 9, i wouldn't have dared to skip school, it was one of the dodgiest things you could do back then and we were all **** scared of our parents blasting us for it lol.

3. vlv8vic

Members Ride:
    M5
    Yes, they do skip school - usually a product of their upbringing. Welcome to the future. He probably wouldn't bother getting marked off the list - check my last post about how the checklist works.

You friend needs some nice prints or some artwork... There is some irony in that the cheque cost him time, potentially buying the frame, framing it and hanging it. I hope it was worth the 20 cents he didn't end up getting!

4. vlv8vic

Members Ride:
    M5
    Had an 8 year old skip coming to my class one day, not the brightest though he went to the skate park... which shares the grounds of the school's lower oval. Didn't take long to find that one, but that was a small school in a small town. Wouldn't have a hope where i am now.

5. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    All private schools I know make a contact call to parents when the child is not in attendance. Found this out the hard way. Funny thing is, I warned my little cousin about it...what does she do...yup she got caught.

I know some government schools do the same thing, but i doubt many would as they generally have less staff etc.

I find it hard to believe a 9 year old would wag school then be able to catch a train etc over an hour away.

I am unsure as to whether they can issue a fine to a 9 year old anyway? I doubt it would have much standing. I'd go just to laugh about it.

6. STEALTHY™

STEALTHY™ So Wet For You!

Members Ride:
    VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
    Or do what my sister did, learn for forge mums sig. I was one step ahead of them tho, i signed my own name haha

7. danja

danja Swerves for gay koalas

Members Ride:
    CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
    If we didn't want to get caught, we'd just turn up to school, get our names signed off, THEN skip school.

Some teachers took attendance during each class, but it was never matched against the morning roll call, too much work.

There was about 7 of us who were professional waggers, eventually in years 11/12 they invented a new roll class just for us and gave us a slip we had to get signed every class by the teacher then present it the following morning, but we did that for about a week to collect samples of each signature - then back to the old tricks :)

Ahhh fun times.

8. Tatiana

Tatiana Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    Bought a jeep
    Visited any large shopping centres during the day lately? This is going to sound harsh, and I mean no ill will towards the OP, but if a parent is unwilling to attend court with their child after receiving a summons, in my mind it paints a picture of a parent who is not reinforcing the need to be a responsible citizen with their child. If you can picture a role model reading the summons then stating 'I am not going to waste my time taking a day off to sort this out, they can get stuffed' then ask yourself what message the 9 year old is getting. It is ok to thumb your nose at authority?

I am quite sure there are a number of 9 year olds out there smart enough to cut school and have a day out with mates doing all sorts of devious stuff.

9. fabz

fabz I Can Do Science Me

Members Ride:
    Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
    People say they doubt a 9yr old is smart enough.....remember the Murder of James Bulger? 2x 10yo boys lead another kid away and kill him on the train tracks......young people are alot smarter than they used to be but thats just my opinion.

10. STEALTHY™

Members Ride:
    What makes that worse, is they sent the HERE after they did it, for fear there'd be retaliation towards them.

11. vlv8vic

Members Ride:
    M5
    that is scary - and ridiculous. one day we'll find out, unfortunately because time has passed people aren't as passionate about finding them.

12. STEALTHY™

Members Ride:
    I think i read they are in perth, as they got 'found' on one of the eastern states and had to flee again.

But yes, such a shame someone hasn't taken 'an eye for an eye' yet. They don't deserve to have a life here!

13. Tatiana

Tatiana Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    Bought a jeep
    Kind of OT I know, but I recently watched a film called Boy A - which is along the lines of that tragedy. Worth a watch if you can get hold of it.

14. vsl67

vsl67 Member

Members Ride:
    VS l67 statesman
    If this nine year old did skip school and get caught for anything ,the police would have had to been contacted because of his age, unless he was with an adult so there would have to be a record ,also they would have a duty of care (and the ticket inspectors)and have to take him home and contact his parents
    correct me if Im wrong

15. nathg

nathg New Member

Members Ride:
    MX83
    Beginning to think that i shouldnt have raised this question in the first place hahaha:whistling

16. vsl67

vsl67 Member

Members Ride:
    VS l67 statesman
    Doesnt make sense when you think about it ,and if he really did get caught it can all be turned around on them ,but I doubt he was caught more like someone who knows him has given a fake id

17. STEALTHY™

Members Ride:
    I posted right after you, so either way it was going to get mentioned ;)

I speak my mind, and my mind says thats what happened ;)

18. Zuicider

Zuicider Banned

Members Ride:
    Set of thongs
    sumthing that should be mentioned is most of the schools here in perth have big **** off fences around them and alot of schools close the gates after roll call

19. STEALTHY™

Members Ride:
    Funny you should mention that. My old school got redeveloped, and was built by a prison designer lmao.